Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Chipped P72 Looking for street tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chipped P72 Looking for street tune

Hi I'm new so I can't post in the proper section but I figure'd maybe you guys might be able to help. Making a long story short, I have a completely built f22a/f22b1 nitrous motor that I'm converting to just N/A. I'm swapping the f22b1 head for the f22a head.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176696
    that's my complete build. I have a chipped P72 ECU that's been tuned on crome
    I'm looking for good street tune or at least a base map to put on the ecu when I do the head swap.

Any help is very appreciated, thank you very much.

From personal experiences I recommend John Vega over @ phearable.net. Never had any problems with John and he really is a great person.
    1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
    1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
    Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

yea im kinda looking for someone to post there map or a tune they have so i can upload it to my ecu.

Comment

I can vouch for john vega and his basemaps.
        I got one for my gsr and it provided wonderful gains and better midrange

However i would call/email John to see if he has any F22 tuned maps. I wouldn't image many tuners keeping any F22 maps on file, but if anyone would it would be John

Comment

You're just looking for a basemap to get it running, so you can tune it, right?

Comment

I'm gathering that he wants it for free. If you truly built this motor, then you should know not to cut corners or cheap out. Contact Phearable or Xenocron, whichever you prefer, send in your ECU, and get the basemap. I've never know many people to share their personal tunes with anyone for just a simple please and thank you.
            '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
            If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Honestly, it's a good idea to get a decent basemap for free, and tune from there. Paying for a basemap is pretty dumb if you're only going to change it!
              Paying for a map that you intend to drive on isn't very smart, though. Unless the ECU was tuned using feedback from your specific motor, it will never be right. If a motor has money put into it, that would be quite a risk.

Comment

yeah paying for basemap is a retareded.
                Most tuners will give you a safe base map to use so you can drive your car to the dyno shop (as long as you use them as your tuner)

GL

Comment

This situation is different however, he wouldn't be using that tuner on the dyno most likely, so to give up some of your hard work for nothing to me sounds uncommon. Perhaps my position stems from the way things work in my area, good tuners are rare, so they know what they are worth.
                  '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                  If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

lol sorry let me clarify, the car was tuned in Kansas City MO. and I live 2 hours away from it. I was looking for a basemap so I could get it there and retune it.

Comment

There are plenty of generic tunes floating around the internet.

HondaFan81 has a built F22A. His map may be good enough to get your engine running safely.

Comment

no help there, hondafan doesnt have one.
                        BUMP plz anyone

Comment

coming from experience, money talks which is why you aint getting too much help otherwise play the waiting game because again...time is money.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                          X