Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need Some Input on motor part swaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Some Input on motor part swaps

Alrite I got a f20a motor stock...my question is what parts can I add to my motor (from other hondas) and get a hp gain guy gave me the idea of adding a h23 IM.... so I'm listening to all opinions no I don't want to just get a h22.....this is a build help me out family

sohc or dohc?
    just about anything that can go on an f22a can go on the f20a

Comment

bore that block out and acid wash.buy new pistons/rings. slap on a K&N w/ full exhaust, fill up tank w/ Vpower, shut up and roll homie!

youtube san antonio smitty
      Last edited by Nokomp; 07-02-2011, 02:43 AM. Reason: reppin

Comment

The H23 intake manifold swap, as mentioned, would be the biggest upgrade. If your F20A is SOHC, you could probably benefit from an F22A6 camshaft (though I don't know for sure)... you could also get a reground camshaft from Bisimoto or Delta (not a stock part, but a modified stock part...) If you have an F20A DOHC, the H23 camshafts may be an upgrade (again, not sure... and again, regrinds are an option.) A chipped and properly tuned ECU would help as well, as I'm sure you're not running the proper ECU for the F20A (they're not easy to come by, I hear.)

Originally posted by Nokomp View Post
        bore that block out and acid wash.buy new pistons/rings. slap on a K&N w/ full exhaust, fill up tank w/ Vpower, shut up and roll homie!

youtube san antonio smitty
        Not a single thing you said here answers his question... You're only going to get yourself banned.

Comment

Sounds like a plan deev what's the website for the delta cams

Comment

http://deltacam.com/index.php

Comment

Ok now here's the big? Who's better bisi or delta. And by better I mean better performance with less cash

Comment

As far as i know, and thats pretty much for anything... You pay for what you get. Bisi might be pricy but deffinatly uber quality. Never heard of Delta before so i can't tell.

1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Mat Black] Sold
                1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Rosewood]

Comment

if your f20a is dohc, its the same casting as an h23 so all parts are interchangeable, rebuild and boost it, the f20a is more or less a destroked f22, in other words shorter crank longer rods basicly you can rev higher with a great rod stroke ratio, turbo kit under $600, delta cams under $300, rebuild kit under $300= 300+ horsies, and delta cams are great, i deal with them for all my builds they have a number of differnt grinds with proven performance, for a great price, bisi is also great, but bisi is not in my price range lol

Comment

ok guys its a sohc honestly it kinda gets up and goes now.....but i just wanna make sure after i turbo it i wont die on me in a week..but i think ill go with bisi`s cam

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154
                      Start here, add I.H.E, maybe a 50-75 shot of nitrous if the motor is healthy ( compression is good and fairly even across all four cylinders, no knocks or internal rattles)
                      I personally would go with Bisimoto Engineering over Delta. Not that Delta isn't a fine product, but Bisi has over 450 N/A whp out of his f22. Look for him on youtube or at bisimoto.com

Comment

Delta regrinds the camshaft using a generic profile. Bisi actually does extensive R&D with these motors.
                        What you need to consider is cost vs. gain, and what your overall goal is. If the Delta cam gives you 10hp, and the Bisi cam gives you 13hp... and that extra 3hp is worth the additional cost, then the Bisi cam is for you. If the money saved by getting the Delta cam will help you afford another part that will add 10hp, and you're not pushing for every ounce of power you can wring out of your engine, then the Delta cam is the better option, with the savings spent elsewhere.

Those hp figures I gave are merely for illustration. They are not at all accurate. Please don't assume that they are... and please don't ask how much power each cam gives you. That's something for YOU to research. This is getting awfully close to spoon-feeding... and those types of threads get deleted. We don't do that here.

Comment

its just that the f20a sohc is (unpopular) and i really couldnt find where someone used a bisi cam,rods and pistons for an example

Comment

Rods and pistons will most likely have to be custom. The head is the same as the F22A.

Honestly, that is where you should start. Learn what parts are the same between the F22A and F20A, and you'll know what parts you can use in terms of upgrades. Parts that are different, such as rods and pistons, can be compared to other 2.0L engines... or you can just look to get custom parts.

Comment

thanks deev questions answered thread officially closed 4 me

Comment

Working...
                              X