Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a6--h22a swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a6--h22a swap

Ok so im getting ready to install my h22a

i have a few questions on wiring..

I know my a6 had the IABS so im good there, but my buddy says that i also have a knock sensor?

Where is the knock senor located?
    would my 93 ex have one stock?

Lucky, my EX doesn't have the IAB so I'm wiring it in. Your knock sensor on the H22 has a single wire and is right above the oil filter. I don't think the f22a6 has a knock sensor

Comment

Correct. The F22A does not have a knock sensor. The wiring must be added for it.

The Swaps section of this site has the H22 swap very well documented.

Comment

What ECU are you going to be using, P13? If so you will need to run a separate wire from the knock sensor. It is located above the oil pressure sensor, under the intake manifold on the back of the block.

The ECU pin that you are looking to run the knock sensor wire to is D3

If you are running a chipped OBD1 Civic ECU there may not be a knock board available. therefore you would not require the knock sensor.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Just know that a Civic ECU must be modified and properly tuned before you can use it. You cannot safely run an H22 on a stock Civic ECU.

Comment

I'm helping him with his swap,
            We have a p06 with an h22 basemap from the local import shop, is this a civic ecu, that will not have provisions for a knock sensor?

Click it.... You know you wanna
            Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

Unless the P06 was changed into a P28, it will not run the H22 properly. The P06 is not a VTEC ecu.
              I don't believe either looks for a knock sensor, and that can be disabled with a custom tune anyway (and usually is.) Personally, I LIKE having a knock sensor enabled.

Comment

Yes it is a Civic ECU, but if it is chipped with a basemap it is tunable so it will work. Remember that basemaps are only used to get your car up and running so you can check for leaks/issues before you take it to a tuner.

A P06 does not have VTEC or a knock board inside. I would assume if you bought the basemap and ECU from a shop it should have VTEC added. However knock cannot be added and if you want a knock sensor you would be better off swapping the P06 for an OBD1 P30 or better yet a P72 if you want to keep the IABs.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

yeah they must have added a vtec, because they asked us where we wanted the engagement set and such.. so we will not have a knock sensor atleast for now, does this change how we need to wire up the vtec or anything or is it still the same pins that the swaps thread says to use.

Click it.... You know you wanna
                  Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

Working...
                  X