Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

deleting knock sensor question (s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deleting knock sensor question (s)

On my P13 I'm going to be removing the ks detection by Moving r118/119 to r142/143. then take off r101 Optional. finally, I 'll Disconnect the whole ks board...

1. is the procedure legit/ have you done it?
    2. on a P13 the ks board is about 1/4 (quarter) the size of the main board and separate from it, correct? (only connected by electric ribbon)

thanks for the help in advance!

I thought I did that to your p13. Or was it Teddy's?

Anyway, that's how you do it. Good luck and just take your time while doing it.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Why do you want to eliminate it? If it's hooked up now and working fine, I don't see any reason why you would want to remove it. I'm in the middle of an H22 swap and found the wiring to be pretty dang simple, so I'm going to hook everything up like it would have come from the factory.

Comment

Is this the same for a p14 ecu?

Comment

Originally posted by Acclude1420 View Post
          Why do you want to eliminate it? If it's hooked up now and working fine, I don't see any reason why you would want to remove it. I'm in the middle of an H22 swap and found the wiring to be pretty dang simple, so I'm going to hook everything up like it would have come from the factory.
          That's why he's removing it. His doesn't work fine. I don't run a knock sensor and mine runs fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
            Is this the same for a p14 ecu?
            Yes.

Comment

is there any DIY/pictures for this so i could read up more on it so i know what im getting into ahead of time?

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                is there any DIY/pictures for this so i could read up more on it so i know what im getting into ahead of time?
                pgmfi.com in the wiki.

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                  pgmfi.com in the wiki.
                  Thanks but you mean pgmfi.org

the .com version is some wacky " take this survey " site lol

Comment

Yeah org not com. I knew that. Lol.

Comment

ok. thanks i was double checkin, but i had it done tonight and it didnt work. a personal friend did it for me and checked the ohms...or voltage (of the resistor) not sure which but he says it wasnt @ 10k? as this link states it should be so im prayin that i can just pick up some new resistors @ radio shack and redo.

http://wikitest.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/...veAKnockSensor

bonus question: after properly installing the p13 after the ks deletion the cel flashed x9 quick then stayed on on 10 and did NOT repeat...
                      Last edited by Nokomp; 07-11-2011, 02:48 AM. Reason: important note

Comment

Working...
                      X