Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ECU part number compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
    The f22a3 has flat top pistons. I bet the head might have a different cam then the a6 because of the higher compression and valve clearance but it very well could have the a6 cam. and it would HAVE TO HAVE stronger valve springs because it revs higher and has less piston clearance.
    The valve springs in the a6 are pt5 part numbers

The cam in the a6 is a pt4

The valve springs for the a1 are pt7, yes pt7 thats the first 7 i've seen

The cam in the a1 is a pt3

So i don't think the a3 has different valve springs then the a6 since the a6 is already using pt5 parts.

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
      The f22a3 has flat top pistons. I bet the head might have a different cam then the a6 because of the higher compression and valve clearance but it very well could have the a6 cam. and it would HAVE TO HAVE stronger valve springs because it revs higher and has less piston clearance.
      We are only talking 0.5 difference in compression. That's 4.1 cubic centimeters added to the top of an USDM F22A1-6. So from a -15.6cc dish top to a -11.5cc. IMO that's still a dish top.

What is the red line of the F22A3?

If it's Honda built. I'm sure they kept the same piston to valve clearances that they use in the majority of there economy engines. It wouldn't be any less because it's a 9.3:1 engine. Great for boost, not quite a high revving N/A street machine.
      Last edited by GhostAccord; 09-08-2011, 10:41 PM.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
        We are only talking 0.5 difference in compression. That's 4.1 cubic centimeters added to the top of an USDM F22A1-6. So from a -15.6cc dish top to a -11.5cc. IMO that's still a dish top.

What is the red line of the F22A3?

If it's Honda built. I'm sure they kept the same piston to valve clearances that they use in the majority of there economy engines.
        The redline is 6500rpm

Comment

lets not forget that the wagon speedo goes higher and has a different transmission gearing.

Could potentially lead to the ecu difference.
          MadLab Racing
          Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
            lets not forget that the wagon speedo goes higher and has a different transmission gearing.

Could potentially lead to the ecu difference.
            I was thinking this actually since my friends wagon speedometer reads incorrectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
              Does your ECU's part number match the one listed above?
              Yeah, my ECU code matches correctly with the non-California 1991 EX Manual (37820-PT3-A23). I have a P12 manual ECU in my car; I'll post it's part number here when I get a chance this weekend.
              Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
              2005 Acura TSX 6MT
              2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

By the way, this thread should really be made a sticky after more of the blanks have been filled in.
                Tippey, you should send evil_demon a PM
                Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
                2005 Acura TSX 6MT
                2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

I pulled a 37820-pt6-a11

from my 1992 ex 5 speed sedan with 49 state emissions

They must have made the a12 revision mid year. my ecu was manufactured February 25th 1992 according to the date stamped on the side of it

Comment

So, got a computer with a transmission I picked up to do a manual swap, and I notice there's two stickers with sets of numbers on them.
                    There's on sticker on the side that says:
                    37820-PT3-AO2
                    320-345935 and has an IPT Next to is is the date stamp JUL 24 '90
                    Found that it's for a '90 DX/LX Accord 5 speed

I know 37820-PT3-A21 (L21 is a California emissions ECU) is a for a 5 speed 1990 EX Accord. It's the computer I need.
                    Last edited by Hooligan90; 03-11-2013, 08:41 PM.

Comment

ok since the 90 & 91 lx have the f22a1 and the 90 & 91 ex have the f22a4, and since the only difference between the f22a1 & f22a4 is the exhaust manifold ( 4-1 vs 4-2-1) why would the ecus be different?
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Additionally, it makes me feel good to call someone a cunt if they don't say "thank you".

So no matter what, I win. Selfish reasons.

Comment

awesome resource. thanks for taking the initiative to compile this list.

so i have a question: what do the suffix codes represent that one sometimes sees printed on OEM ECU part id sticker?

for example, the ECU may appear with just the "37820-P8C-A53" part number; or, it may show the additional characters "SP", "SE" or "PE" and "SP" after the part number; or, there may be some other combination of characters.

what do these "suffix" characters, or lack there of represent within the ECU? we're not interested in speculation here. respond only if you genuinely know the answer, and include a link to your information.
                        Last edited by lothian; 10-11-2016, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X