Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cv axle emergency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cv axle emergency

Ok times running out. Sun is almost down. I just replaced the passenger cv axle. Every thing is ready to be torque down. But when I removed the axle some fluid came out. Should I put some more in or leave it alone. By the way it's a manual trans

Fluid shouldn't come out unless you have it at a pretty extreme angle. If it was a couple tablespoons' worth I wouldn't worry, if it was closer to a cup or pint you'll want to park it on a level surface and fill it up till fluid pours out of the fill hole.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

What type if fluid is supposed to go in? Thought Honda had a special type

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
        Fluid shouldn't come out unless you have it at a pretty extreme angle. If it was a couple tablespoons' worth I wouldn't worry, if it was closer to a cup or pint you'll want to park it on a level surface and fill it up till fluid pours out of the fill hole.
        The fill hole, is that located next to the axle. Looks to be like a 17mm. Or under with a 1/2 key?

Comment

If its manual tans,use reg motor oil!

Comment

Those fluid are transmission oil. You are supposed to drain it out before pulling a passenger side axle job. And dont forget to refill with manual trans oil when you done installed the axle back in.

Because the passenger side axle plug right into the transmission, it seal the fluid in. The Driver side axle is much easier the intermediate shaft is the one that goes into the tansmission before the axle so no leak, and no need to drain fluid before doing a driver side axle job.
            Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

Yes Honda has specific oil for the manual trans I think last time I purchased a bottle it was like $8

Comment

Originally posted by cb7k-9 unit View Post
                What type if fluid is supposed to go in? Thought Honda had a special type
                Honda sell the OEM Honda manual trans oil at Honda dealership. You can use any replacement manual trans oil at autozone, napa..etc... it work just fine.
                Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

I used Hypoid transmission oil (SAE 90) on mine one time by mistake, since it was sitting in my garage which I used for other car. The transmission did not shift well at all. Only then I checked Haynes Manual and learned that this Honda takes engine oil for manual transmission.

Now it has been while since that time. It shifts well still. But I will change it soon, again.
                  A&P-IA

Comment

O.k well only a small portion can out. I say about 3/4 of a cup. If you could picture it... The car is already lowered and wa sitting on a slight incline( with the front higher). Then I raised the front passenger side up( sat on jack stands while I removed the axle)....
                    How many pints of oil does it take and sitting the way it was is it really nessisary to change or add fluid.

Comment

Never mind did the research now that I'm home. Going to change the oil tomorrow. 10w-30 and maybe some lucus trans oil. Thanks for every input

Comment

Originally posted by cb7k-9 unit View Post
                        Never mind did the research now that I'm home. Going to change the oil tomorrow. 10w-30 and maybe some lucus trans oil. Thanks for every input
                        I highly recommend you use Honda OEM transmission fluid, I have used motor oil, Royal Purple MTF, Pennzoil Sycnromesh, Honda OEM, and GM Syncromesh. The GM Syncromesh resists grinding the most but I can already tell after a 1,000 miles that it's wearing out quickly. Honda OEM was better than all the others and also lasted very well. Motor oil was awful and I changed it after a few hundred miles.
                        My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

X2 I will only use Honda OEM Manual Transmission Fluid in my transmission.

Also I think the capacity is 2.1 quarts.
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

its just SAE 30 weight nothing special not 10 - 30 not 5-30 just 30

Comment

Originally posted by bowtie_ethan View Post
                              its just SAE 30 weight nothing special not 10 - 30 not 5-30 just 30
                              So will that work just as good as the oem fluid. Or did you mean they where the same, because if so I will just put that in.

Comment

Working...
                              X