Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Serious Question B series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uuummm ok, I really didn't mean its a good a idea to do heavy modifications to your engine bay to put a B series motor just because I think its easier to jump to a K series motor now that its been modified to that level.?

What I was trying to say is, WHY DROP a lot of cash in a B series swap which equals so little gain, if you can forget that swap and go for a K20 or K24 engine swap and have more of a value/HP and not to mention as much as a unique setup as a B series swap?

But its cool atleast we cleared out two things in this thread. And for the torque idea, I believe our tires will spin stupid fast at 250+ WHP and traction becomes an issue. But torque also applies for mid power output? What I'm getting to here is that since our heads flow better than other or most Honda engines, but with lack of vtec can the F22A really be a heavy power top end machine?

And can we picture the F22A with Vtec? Or would that be a F22B1 SOHC Vtec engine?

Vtec would be better in a high compression engine so the whole low compression issue with the H22 head swap relates to this as well??

I'm pretty much lost on the fact that why is the F22A cylinder head so unique? Why wasn't the B or H series heads design to flow a lot better than they do now?

Originally posted by deevergote
    .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

I'm imagining you sitting in a room... a dark room... with ideas hanging on the walls. You sit in the center, with a hand full of darts... and you're just chucking those darts blindly at random ideas on the wall.

Have you actually attempted to do research on any of the half dozen questions you've so vaguely asked here... or are you just spouting off questions as they float half-formed through your brain to your fingertips, in hopes someone else will do the thinking for you?

First off... your statement about jumping to a K series, which continued in the same sentence to ask about the gearing of B and D series engines, made almost NO sense... so if we misunderstood you, it's only because you didn't make yourself clear. This thread is basically asking "why not swap in a B series?"... so "jumping to a K series" seems like it SHOULD be in defense of the B series swap, since that was your whole point in making this thread. Of course, we're way the fuck off topic now anyway...

Most of the time, when people refer to "torque", they're referring to low-end power, not power you have to rev to the moon to get (yes, that's not exactly what it means, but that's what most people generally talk about.)
      I don't know what you mean by asking about torque, then going nowhere with the question, then asking about the F22A being a crazy top-end machine. Yes, it can be a crazy top end machine... are you familiar with Bisimoto? Do you think he makes his power at 2,000 RPM?
      Small displacement N/A engines HAVE to rev high to make power.

All VTEC does is add another set of cam lobes... so yes, we can picture the F22A with VTEC. It can't happen, as the whole head would have to be redesigned... so yes, the F22B1 head, with its cramped ports and poor valve angles... and intake-only VTEC, because you can't easily do both intake and exhaust with a single cam VTEC system. Current SOHC heads are most likely much better in their design, as the current evolutions of VTEC have gotten much more compact. The F22B1 was one of the earlier VTEC designs to hit the market.

Compression makes power with N/A engines. It has nothing to do with VTEC... just that the H22A has high compression, and the F22A has low compression (we're talking compression ratio here of course, not "low compression" in terms of failing cylinders...) The H22A headswap results in a low-compression mockery of the H22A.. one that won't rev as high (see the bit above this in reference to revving...)

The F22A cylinder head has a very free flowing port design, and a near-ideal valve angle. The H and B heads flow very well (and the best B18s may be every bit as good... or perhaps the B16, which has been rumored to flow even better.) Still, the F22A head has enormous potential.
      Search for Bisi's earliest posts on this forum. There is a thread that is probably a good 6 pages long where he goes into quite a bit of detail. That is where I, and most of the people on this forum, have learned WHY the F22A's head is so good. We weren't born with the knowledge... we found it, and read it until we understood it (at least to some degree... I can't say I know all the details myself.)

All these questions make me laugh when I read your signature. Such a pompous, arrogant statement... and you don't even have the knowledge necessary to defend it!

Comment

Seems to me Hitler never liked answering questions either....

Shit I've been researching the whole "B series swap idea" for a very long time, I'm always hitting a fucken wall at some point, you've already answered my question (the topic of thos thread) by telling pretty much that the whole modification process and that includes the transmission as well to fit a dam B series in our CB7 chassis is a pretty much useless thing to do....

How's the whole "swaping to a K series motor " idea defending the whole "B series" idea? You and other members just told me that swapping our F for a B is pointless (here I'am repeating myself again) ...but in the other hand swapping a K in our engine bay is worth the modifications and the pain in the ass work you'll have to do to our cb7 chassis in order to make it work. It's common sense no?

I've just thrown a bunch of random, close to retarded, out of my ass questions. And you expect big words and high quality pictures and diagrams and dyno charts as well as very much detailed questions just so I can get a " All these questions make me laugh when I read yoursignature.Such a pompous, arrogant statement... and you don't even have the knowledge necessary to defend it!"...???

The whole torque question really got me tied up too and I'm pretty much feeling dizzy just re-reading my post , forgive me for not being a smart ass. And I'm just curious on how would a F22A would be with Vtec, as in not our F22A but maybe let's say Honda back in the early 90s made a engine shit i don't know call it the R series in this example now picture a R series 2.2 low compression and ports and head design close to and similar to our F22A SOHC but with Vtec ??...

You know what never mind I'm clearly not going no where with this and even if tried I'm pretty much screwed and bashed in the end for lack of knowledge , especially by someone who never really owned or worked on a F22A* but just loves to read......

I'm surprised I didn't get banned for stupidity, because o swear people get banned for anything now a days...

.......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

Oh, and for actually taking the time to answer your questions... you're welcome.

I don't ban for stupidity... but I do occasionally ban for being insulted when I've actually taken about 30 minutes out of my very busy day to help you out (when you're clearly too lazy to even try helping yourself... I know I've answered all of your questions myself at some point on this site... so I know that the information is there to be found.)

Look at your questions. Look at the initial topic of this thread. You found a few people that are stupid enough to waste their time spoon-feeding you, myself included, and you dumped a whole shitload of unrelated half-cocked questions into the thread. What I see is "oh, here's a bunch of other shit that I put 30 seconds of thought into... can you teach me everything I want to know?"

Funny how you're the big F22A supporter, and somehow you think it's an insult to ME when you bring up the fact that I've never really worked on one. Seeing as I have so much less experience than you, shouldn't I also have that much less knowledge? If my knowledge doesn't come from experience, where does it come from? Reading? Yes. Reading what? Supersecret books that only the owner of CB7tuner.com has access to? Of course not. It comes from reading these very pages... and occasionally using Google to dig for more information on a topic that wasn't covered in sufficient detail here.

Comment

And the reason why the F22B1's ports are cramped is BECAUSE of the VTEC design. Honda DID make a 2.2L SOHC VTEC motor in the early 90s... and that's what it was.

Stop being a lazy ass and search up that thread by Bisi... he explains it in that thread.

Comment

Insult?? What insult deev??...I'm not insulting you , you've already proven to know more about the F22A than some Vets on here than have been through maybe 2-6 F22A

Insult?.dude to me your a fucken genius , I remember back in 08 I was right behind you agreeing with you on every topic every post and kissing ass,( something you don't like new members doing).....and the F22A I have enough knowledge of, this shit all started from a simple B series swap question that yet I already somewhat knew the answer but it came back at me and decided to finally give it another thought. Theres really no stupid question, just the way it was pretty much typed on here that made me sound fucken clueless at the time.

Last thing I wanna do is stir up a hornets nest, and the last person I want to insult is you...sorry for sounding like a retard and sorry for wasting your time, the other members on this thread didn't really waste their time since their replies to my B series swap question were all accurate and well honest answers. I'm not going to lie a stupid and I mean stupid stupid question has been posted on cb7tuner and you've always managed to answer them, that's why I knew you'll even answer mine, so sorry for that too. I'm very very familiar with the F22A so I'm pretty much imagining things here which I shouldn't really , more like childish thoughts.

The F22B

Comment

The comparison to Hitler wasn't very flattering...

Imagining things is good... but every single thing you have asked about has been answered, most of it in pretty extensive detail... and I was personally involved in many of those discussions (not always the most knowledgeable, but I was there, so I know the discussions exist.)

Imagine. Develop a question. Search for the answer to the question. Read what answers you find, and present a new angle, if you believe you have one. If you find no answers, then MAYBE your idea is a new one. However, if you just start throwing random questions at us without putting forth any effort to learn yourself, you ARE going to piss people off.
                It's like going into a store called "EVERYTHING IS $1!" and asking the cashier what each item costs.

Comment

Don't you remember ...

"Freddy
                  Jason
                  Hitler....

Pussies....

I'M a scary dude...."-Deev

It was a joke..not really saying your him or like him anything just a stupid joke
                  sorry but I've even thought you would catch that.

Comment

I actually did think of that... but I wasn't sure if that was your reference. To be honest, I've been compared to Hitler more than once on here (and those times were NOT referencing my joke)

Comment

Working...
                    X