Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F20b's DOHC VTEC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F20b's DOHC VTEC

Ok hmotorsonline advertises 2 F20b's. A 200hp manual version, and a 180hp automatic version. My question is are these motors actually specific to what they say auto and manual. Can I use the 200hp one for both my auto and manual. Or do I have to buy the lower hp one for my auto.

I wouldn't risk it with a stock F22 auto. At least get the H22 auto trans.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

But does the 200hp one only work with a manual trans? Like its saying on the site.

Comment

no you can use the manual motor on the auto trans all you have to change is the flywheel to a flexplate for the torque converter.also the throttle body,only the part were the throttle line connects to a auto one.yes you can use the f22a piece as well as the flexplate and torque converter.

my new turbo build

Comment

IIRC the reason for the difference in HP rating has to do with the gear ratio of the transmissions. The F20b engines will bolt up to, and work with, any F/H series transmission. Now will it run properly on an F22 autotragic trans....I'd vote probably not the best match. Long gears with a high rpm lower displacement engine will work. but the gearing is a bit off.
          Last edited by GhostAccord; 01-10-2012, 01:45 AM.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

As stated above, it will mount up just fine. I would also imagine it would tear that tranny apart though if it were beat on. Then again, some folks have a golden horseshoe stuck up their ass..may hold up quite well.

Comment

Wait, pause. Isn't it not that the Manual version which came out of the CF4 SIR-T had bigger cams, compared to the auto version which came in the SIR with smaller cams. i thought gear ratio was only a torque multiplier
              '91 Concord Metallic Blue. Status: under construction

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicancb3 View Post
                Wait, pause. Isn't it not that the Manual version which came out of the CF4 SIR-T had bigger cams, compared to the auto version which came in the SIR with smaller cams. i thought gear ratio was only a torque multiplier
                Yep, and there is another difference too between those and I can't remember right now.

But essentially the only reason this was a production engine in Accords was to get into a certain touring car class for racing.
                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicancb3 View Post
                  You may have a point there. However, it's a 2.0L, how much bigger are the cams going to be for 20hp? I'd say it's probably more in the tune.

I have read a lot of hear say, about the T being bigger aka H22 type S cams. However, I have never actually seen anyone post up any cam specs comparing the two. Anyone care to share?

As much as people want to think the A6 cam is so much bigger than the A1 & A4... You would be surprised by how little they differ. That being said. They are different and they get different results and that's all that matters. You still need the ECU/tune to get them there!

IIRC The F20B wasn't really for the touring class racing with these Accords. It was more to keep them in a sub 2.0L tax class for sales in certain countries.
                  Last edited by GhostAccord; 01-10-2012, 02:45 AM.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I know that's what the Wikipedia page says but I don't know if I agree with that. It was available in Japan right alongside other Accords that had H23A VTECs in them. And with an 11.0:1 compression ratio along with a very decent valvetrain it would only make sense that the motor had racing intentions inherent in its design.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I believe the lower-hp automatic version makes the majority of its power lower in the RPM range, making it more useful for an automatic, which won't be revving to redline constantly. It has absolutely nothing to do with the strength of the transmissions, and a healthy, properly maintained Accord automatic will be able to handle the stock output of any H or F engine you can bolt to it.

Of course, as mentioned above, you may not want to deal with the gearing... as the Accord's long gearing could sap the fun very quickly.

Honestly, I'd skip the F20B and just pick up an H22A. OBD1, no non-USDM mystery parts, and although the to motors are very similar, the H22A is documented much more thoroughly on the internet.

Comment

i vote h

im with deeve on this h22a more no how around thats a kinda (raare kinda) ok maybe but theres alotta potential in the f20 i love it but its just so much like my girlfriend a pain in my asss!!!
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                        i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Why is everyone so against the f20 same power and half the price of the h on there website. I can buy 2 motors for both cars or 1 h. I already have the upper plenum to swap on one just need mounts and injectors. I can get those for next to nothing.

Comment

why swap upper plenum?

I don't know why you would be swapping upper plenum.

Anyway it is up to you, but the cost is a little higher if you pick up the ecu with it. It is cheaper then the h22, but remember you need OBD1 dizzy, ecu, and you need to do OBD1 to 2 conversions. This means probably going OBD1 so chipped ecu and a tune before you can even turn it on.

If you are using it as your primary mode of transport I do not recommend, because parts may be a ways out if you need them.

As for the cam thing, I bet deev hit the nail on the head. It would be very interesting to get peak torque rpm for both and also see how both came do with cam gears and some degreeing.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

I just checked, not sure where you are getting.g your prices, the h22a OBD1 is 999. The manual f20b is 849. So you are "saving" 150 bucks on the f over the h.
                              Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 01-11-2012, 01:30 AM.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X