Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tire rub. Plus extended strut mounts and hp blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

words cannot describe how unsafe that setup looks...

8.8 grade bolts break very easily under enough stress....

if you hit a pothole/bump at high speed, all bolts could potentially break at the same time...

those nuts look like they can easily back out....

get yourself entry level mig welding equipment if you want to make some top hats... don't risk it.

Comment

never seen that kind of setup before whats the concept looks like an autobot, forgive me im completely misinformed

Comment

Originally posted by kingdubs View Post
        The ideacram from a guy from tennspeed.net who had the older accord feature on stance works
        i know who your talking about.
        yes his is exactly like this
        idk if its safe or not but looks like its working
        -Tyler

Comment

Day one in the books. Including interstate travel, industrial park, and back road driving. Took it super easy, but still had a few good bumps. Everything is still good tight secure and intact. So far so good. Lock nuts and thread lock as well as some raising. And I think I'll be confident in the setup.
          @bradleymward
          #cb7swag

Comment

The only bad thing is that if it fails, the potential could be catastrophic. If it fails, it's much more likely to happen suddenly than gradually, and at high speeds, rather than while moving slowly. The more confident you get, the less prepared you'll be for it.
            I'm not saying it WILL fail, but that truly does not look safe to me.

Comment

If the bolts are to break ill lose strut pressure and poke a hole in the hood. The spring will not come out of place.
              @bradleymward
              #cb7swag

Comment

Don't forget about lateral (normal), vibrational, and axial forces. They can knock the spring out of place if the bolts break. I'm hoping they don't BTW.

EDIT: The spring would not sit flush and possibly bend a some. We have some bent springs pictures on here some where.
                Last edited by Straight Success; 01-16-2012, 09:22 PM.
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

can you post some pics of how your car sits with this set up

Comment

this guy is doing something similar but it seems safer.......
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ended+top+hats
                    JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                      Don't forget about lateral (normal), vibrational, and axial forces. They can knock the spring out of place if the bolts break. I'm hoping they don't BTW.

EDIT: The spring would not sit flush and possibly bend a some. We have some bent springs pictures on here some where.
                      my buddy found a cracked spring on his rsr setup or was it h&r?
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Pics of ride height and wheels to come
                        @bradleymward
                        #cb7swag

Comment

In light and respect of the members here I have ordered the fnf type 2 coilovers due to the constant worry of breaking but it has worked and provides great results to get super low. The idea just needs tweaking testing and mathematical science to perfect all of which I'm incapable of.
                          @bradleymward
                          #cb7swag

Comment

Working...
                          X