Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tire rub. Plus extended strut mounts and hp blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire rub. Plus extended strut mounts and hp blues

Rubbing at top of wheel well. How can I stop. I want to be this slammed don't tell me to raise it.

@bradleymward
    #cb7swag

smaller tires? also, that tophat doesnt look safe. :/
    COUPE K24

Comment

Not safe? Do the math on grade 8 tensile strength. Then the pipe for the shear friction on the bolts. Nearly bulletproof. And if a bolt does break. It only holds strut tension. Not spring.
      @bradleymward
      #cb7swag

Comment

Originally posted by kingdubs View Post
        Not safe? Do the math on grade 8 tensile strength. Then the pipe for the shear friction on the bolts. Nearly bulletproof. And if a bolt does break. It only holds strut tension. Not spring.
        Just curious, how do you know the grade of the bolt there?
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

The markings on the top of the bolt. Also your local hardware store should be able to help you with exactly what you need.
          @bradleymward
          #cb7swag

Comment

I can't see the markings in the photo to identify the grade.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

If not a local hardware. Mcmaster Carr will have any hardware you could
              Imagine.
              @bradleymward
              #cb7swag

Comment

Impossible to picture at this point. Typically 6 lines on top of bolt head.
                @bradleymward
                #cb7swag

Comment

Originally posted by kingdubs View Post
                  Impossible to picture at this point. Typically 6 lines on top of bolt head.
                  You put them that's how you know. I know how to identify the grade. I thought you were doing it from the picture.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Next I'm getting camber kits and then function and form control arms and I have a really nice set of work euro line type n's for it. But I have to roll the fenders and all that fun stuff before those big things go on. 17 by 8 +15 up front. 17 by 9 +25 in the rear. Should sit really well.
                    @bradleymward
                    #cb7swag

Comment

1) that "extended tophat" is the dumbest, most dangerous thing I have ever seen.

2) with an extreme drop and corrected camber, you WILL hit the fenderwell. Your only solutions are to raise the car, cut/hammer the metal, or run negative camber. That, or find another car with a different type of suspension.

3) Tokico HP aren't meant to be lowered more than 1" or so, and are not meant to be used with springs that have a spring rate higher than 15% over stock (which is damn near every lowering spring on the market.)

Comment

The ideacram from a guy from tennspeed.net who had the older accord feature on stance works
                        @bradleymward
                        #cb7swag

Comment

Hence why I am rolling the fenders. You don't have to call anyone dumb here man. It's not your car that you are driving it's mine. I have plenty of room to raise if necessary. But with my wheel and tire selection and goal in mind I did what I needed to do with no aftermarket parts available.
                          @bradleymward
                          #cb7swag

Comment

I may not be driving the car, but I could be the guy you hit when you lose control of it...

You realize the purpose of that part is to keep the spring compressed and in place, right?
                            There are ways to do what you do effectively... that is not one of them.

Comment

(Facepalm)

What's going to keep the spring from shifting if you top out your suspension or when you've got it jacked up or up on a lift? I'd at least put some lock washers on those bolts to keep those nuts from backing out.

I'd be concerned the metal of the strut tower wouldn't be strong enough as you've now got the spring sitting right on the body work.

Comment

Working...
                              X