Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bad MPG. Need help 200mil to tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad MPG. Need help 200mil to tank

Hey guys. For the past month my car has been wasting gas like a v8. Changes I made

1.Cap/Rotor
    2.Changed spark plugs and spark wires.
    3.Changed my o2 sensor to NTK. F22a4.
    4.Brand new Air filter.(K&N).
    5.Changed my Fuel Filter 4 months ago.

Getting 210 the max was 221mpg. @13gallons 89octane(shell)
    No loss power.

My current set up

H23 Intake manifold with working butterflies.
    A6 Cam
    PT6
    Autotragic.

I do smell gas inside my car every time I start the car, But only in the driver and passenger side. Smell goes away 5 minutes. The first thing that pops into my mind is a leaking injector. What else could it be? Can I use a black light and check underneath the car and see if I have any leaks or the engine bay? I need some advice.

EDIT: Well I fixed my leaking fuel injectors and still get bad MPG.

Now to this leads me to fuel injectors going bad.. when I get on the freeway 3k rmpish going 70 i can smell raw fuel...
    Last edited by AeyJayCB7; 02-07-2012, 02:42 AM.
    MY MRT
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178936

any cels?
    COUPE K24

Comment

None at all bro.
      MY MRT

Comment

did you check? our cars store codes. i didnt have a light but had 4 codes stored.
        COUPE K24

Comment

I disconnected the negative battery terminal and took the (2)10amp fuses off the fuse box (ECU) and (Back up) fuse. Left it like that till last morning to clear any codes I had stored(even-though I had no CEL light).

Also on the passenger side I got my custom jumper and plugged it in and nothing. the CEL was just on without blinking.
          MY MRT

Comment

Originally posted by AeyJayCB7 View Post
            I disconnected the negative battery terminal and took the (2)10amp fuses off the fuse box (ECU) and (Back up) fuse. Left it like that till last morning to clear any codes I had stored(even-though I had no CEL light).

Also on the passenger side I got my custom jumper and plugged it in and nothing. the CEL was just on without blinking.
            Is your PT6 ECU from a manual? What is the code on it?
            Originally posted by Mishakol129
            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Our cars hold approximately 17.3 gallons.

The reason im saying this is because of your 13 gallon statement.If thats all it takes to fill your car up when it's empty then maybe your sending unit is shot, which isn't uncommon for our cars age.

Then again it could be your driving habits or a pin hole or leak in a fuel line/fuel system making it evaporate hints the smell of fuel.Check your timing lately?

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Or it can also be your ECT under the distributor. If you cant find any leaks, you might want to check that out.

Comment

When as the last time the injectors were cleaned? Instead of a mist, it could be shooting a stream, which doesn't help atomization.

When was the last time a compression check was done?

Have you checked your spark plugs, they can indicate abnormal comustion.

As for the gas smell, do you still have the charcoal canister hooked up?

When did you replace the pcv valve last?

When were your egr ports cleaned last?
                  PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                    Is your PT6 ECU from a manual? What is the code on it?
                    Its from an automatic. I took it off the ECU myself at a wreaking yard. Il check later and post the code here.

17.3 gallons? I did not knew that. I drive like a grandpa due to bad mpg. My other Buddy with an automatic H22 gets 370 mpg on a full tank @ 13Gallons.
                    MY MRT

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                      When as the last time the injectors were cleaned? Instead of a mist, it could be shooting a stream, which doesn't help atomization.

When was the last time a compression check was done?

Have you checked your spark plugs, they can indicate abnormal comustion.

As for the gas smell, do you still have the charcoal canister hooked up?

When did you replace the pcv valve last?

When were your egr ports cleaned last?

I never cleaned my injectors. I only add chevron and gunk-out to clean injectors. I only use Chevron and shell gas.

I changed my PCV valve last week.

My last spark plugs were normal wear. Brownish looking on the top..

charcol canister?? where is this located?

I cleaned my EGR and ports. Also i cleaned the whole TB with runners while doing the h23 full intake swap.
                      MY MRT

Comment

When was the last time the igniter and ignition coil have been replaced? You could have a really weak spark.

What spark plugs did you use when you replaced them? Copper/Iridium/Platinum/Double-Platinum?
                        One of the benefits of platinum plugs (besides having to change them less), is the fact they can make a strong enough spark for optimal combustion when the ignition system is weaker then required to achieve optimal spark with a copper plug.

How many miles on the motor?
                        Last edited by cloudasc; 02-01-2012, 03:26 PM.
                        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Hey guys I figured out the problem. One of my Injectors leaks gas bad!. This morning i opened my hood and would set my key to the II key and then turn it off. Checked my injectors and one of them was leaking bad. Do they sell seals for injectors?
                          Last edited by AeyJayCB7; 02-01-2012, 03:37 PM.
                          MY MRT

Comment

Thanks guys for your help.
                            MY MRT

Comment

I thought you may have a leak in the system due to the smell of fuel glad you found it.
                              And yes 17 gallons is what our cars hold.As for the seal i'd think majestic honda would have them.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...NIFOLD+%282%29
                              Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 02-01-2012, 03:43 PM.

02 Crv
                              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                              X