Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

new cb9, trunk strut recomendations? and others...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new cb9, trunk strut recomendations? and others...

so i just got a cb9 last week! i do need to fix a few minor things tho. replacing my trunk struts is first on my list i think. the old owner used a stick >.< anyway, on ebay they have a pair for about $40.

has anyone used those? or can anyone point me towards some good ones?
    thx

incase anyone feels real helpful...

i also need a new antanna mast, will any cb mast work or do i need a cb9 one?

how bout the auto lock and unlock all doors with key? can i swap something to make a door that doesnt do that anymore work?
    91 ex sedan
    And now, new for 2012, a 93 ex wagon!

Paypal verified
    Bought from: frootloops, 90accords, Agol
    sold to: Agol

cb9 power antenna masts are different, you're going to need to find the much harder to find wagon mast.

I'm not sure what the last thing you're talking about is.

Comment

aside from the trunk strut the other thing is something with the door locks. i can turn the key a little further and lock or unlock all the doors from one keyhole. one of the keyholes doesnt work for that and only will lock/unlock that door. this is a feature my 91 ex did not have so i dont know.
      91 ex sedan

Paypal verified

Comment

Only the driver door is designed to unlock/lock the doors via the key hole. The passenger door will not do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          Only the driver door is designed to unlock/lock the doors via the key hole. The passenger door will not do that.
          my driver, passenger, and rear door do it, one door only does it occationally. thats the one i wanna fix.
          91 ex sedan

Paypal verified

Comment

On my 93 EX wagon the passenger door keyhole locks and unlocks all of the doors. The drivers door unlocks only the drivers door, and locks all of the doors (the same as my sedan did). (I have never used the keyhole on the tailgate, only the keyless entry.)

As for tailgate struts: I bought mine at rockauto.com for about 30$ shipped, IIRC.
            Originally posted by deevergote
            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Well with my cb9 I can unlock/lock all the doors from the passenger door and the tailgate. The drivers door just does that one door only.

My antenna on my cb9 isn't power. Maybe it was but its not anymore. Lol! Thats the way it was when I bought it.
              Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
              CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
              Coupe MRT

Comment

OP: What door doesn't "work" as it should?

lilb_79 explained it correctly FYI. The Drivers door should not unlock all of them.

The antenna mast can be set how you like it and disconnected. You can bring it up about 10-12" as a little shorty and leave it like that - it should get reception perfectly. I set my CB9 up like this as well.

I also recommend Rock Auto for hatch struts, and an antenna if you must. Nice choice on selecting an Accord -little chunky, but the nicest looking!

Comment

The driver door. I guess it's not sposta unlock em all from what you guys are telling me. But still it only locks em all occasionally. Can i fix it or replace something to correct it? Also door open I cannot lock the doors from the switch. Is that normal?

And th for the info on the trunk struts I'll check em out. And my antanna motor works, just the mast is broke so its not doing anything ATM.
                  91 ex sedan

Paypal verified

Comment

Originally posted by sdhardcoregamer View Post
                    Also door open I cannot lock the doors from the switch. Is that normal?
                    Yes its normal, when you want to lock the doors using using the power lock switch, with the door open, hold the handle open on the inside, then hit the power lock.
                    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Ok so with my driver door giving me a hard time locking all the doors with the key, can I swap an actuator or something to fix it?

And with the trunk struts on rockauto.com what brand/make do you recommend? I saw Monroe, Rhino, strong arm and Sachs. Anyone vouch for any of those? I'll be using my hatch multiple times on a daily basis.
                      91 ex sedan

Paypal verified

Comment

cb9 power antenna masts are different, you're going to need to find the much harder to find wagon mast.
                        Indeed. I searched high and low and finally found these guys. Installed it within 5 mins with their instructions.

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Working...
                        X