Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1991 and Seafoam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 and Seafoam

Hello

I am thinking about seafoaming my 91 with 330k miles on it and I was wondering if this is a good idea?

I am hoping it will improve my gas milage. I have tried everything like clean throttle body replace airfilter,plugs, etc

My next step is to change the fuel filter and sea foam it

Would it hurt the car with all those miles on it?

Thanks in advance fellas. Really liking this forum
    visit vgruk

No, just so long as you follow the instructions.
    How are you planning on using it?
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

As Geoff said, it will not hurt your car (It is suppose to help it).

I have used it on several car, it seems to do it job, then again I am not going to take the head off to check to see if it removed the carbon like the website says it does.

When replacing your fuel filter, make sure you take the gas cap off to let the pressure out so you do not have gas squirting everywhere. Then just pour the seafoam in your tank and start driving it.

The seafoam website says this stuff will work up to 2 years, so you should not have to do it again for awhile (Meaning a month down the road, don't do it again)
      "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
        Hello

I am thinking about seafoaming my 91 with 330k miles on it and I was wondering if this is a good idea?

I am hoping it will improve my gas milage. I have tried everything like clean throttle body replace airfilter,plugs, etc

My next step is to change the fuel filter and sea foam it

Would it hurt the car with all those miles on it?

Thanks in advance fellas. Really liking this forum
        I used it and it works great. i did quater can in vacuum line(PCV), quater in the oil(u will have to drive about 200-300 miles then change oil and filter X2), and the other half of the can in gas tank. my engine is roaring.
        Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
        den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
          I used it and it works great. i did quater can in vacuum line(PCV), quater in the oil(u will have to drive about 200-300 miles then change oil and filter X2), and the other half of the can in gas tank. my engine is roaring.
          just wondering if you had to change your fuel filter when doing this or did you jist not bother and did it smoke like crazy?
          Everyday is one day closer to completing my cb7 <3

Comment

Thanks for the helpguys. I was gonna do a 3rd in the brake boost line then a third in the gas and replace the fuel filter

You guys are the best are your help is priceless. I am greatful this forum is here
            visit vgruk

Comment

i used about half a can in the vacuum line and it gave me a smoother idle

Comment

Originally posted by trinistylez View Post
                just wondering if you had to change your fuel filter when doing this or did you jist not bother and did it smoke like crazy?
                u probably should i havent yet but im going soon.
                Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Working...
                X