Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Engine Care REPLY ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Care REPLY ASAP

Hey guys...
    it has been a while since I took care of my engine, with changing oils and all. After I do an oil change, I want to get rid of buildups and Oil leaking problem, Now....I use Lucas with 5w20 half Synthic Oil. In a few days in 4 days, im going on a long trip, so I want to make the engine run better and want it to be clean.

help me out guys, Also I live in Whitby, so LOL it is in Canda, tell me what products I can use.

Also can i mix the lucas oil and Engine tuneup oil(One dat can get rid of slugs and build ups) together.

also if I want preformance, where should the oil be on the dip stick? should it be past the second top hole on the Dip stick?

If you want better performance and a clean engine internally. Nothing cleans out sludge better than changing your oil on a regular basis. I ran Lucas oil treatment and AMSOil 100% synthetic for three consecutive oil changes. then continued to run full synthetic until I tore my engine down. When I did my engine was pretty much spotless internally. No sludge or redish tarnish on it.

As for performance oil level...... it should be up to where the dip stick says FULL! Running less oil in your engine will not increase performance. The crank does not come in contact with the oil that is in the sump.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Use 5w-30, no additives, on the top dot .
      wat?

Comment

What's so urgent about your request that we should "reply ASAP"?

Get the idea out of your head now that you can do maintenance in a slightly different way so that performance is effected. Maintenance is just that. Maintenance.

And what's "lol" about being in Canada?
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by FizzupTK View Post
          One dat can get rid of slugs
          Yo mayne hows u get slugs in yo engine?

The Facebook group

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
            Use 5w-30, no additives, on the top dot .
            word... high quality synthetic oil.
            '94 CD5 EX F22B1 Automatic

Comment

Synthetic really isn't necessary.

Comment

If you are already leaking oil using synthetic oil will only make the leak worse.
                Originally posted by deevergote
                These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                  If you are already leaking oil using synthetic oil will only make the leak worse.
                  I've always wondered why people say this. I switched, as mentioned above, and my valve cover and distributor actually stopped leaking.
                  Last edited by GhostAccord; 02-28-2012, 10:04 PM.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Synthetic really isn't necessary.
                    synthetics do a good job of cleaning, like he asked, thats why i mentioned it.
                    '94 CD5 EX F22B1 Automatic

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                      I've always wondered why people say this. I switched, as mentioned above, and my valve cover and distributor actually stopped leaking.
                      Synthetic Oil is a very good engine cleaner. Sludge and crap in the motor help plug leaks (like leaking seals). The synthetic oil will clean out the crap leaving larger holes.

At least that is what I have heard. It's kept me from switching to synthetic... (and you can't just switch back IF you do get larger leaks! the crap will be gone!)

-2 cents.
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

That's what people say, but they also forget syn has more additives that can bring some seals back to life.. Worked on my cb.
                        wat?

Comment

Honestly, though... nothing in a bottle is going to repair worn parts. The only way to really restore an engine is to rebuild it.

Comment

i fully believe in synthetic. many car mags have done tests. look it up, heres just 1 example. http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...oil/index.html synthetic in almost every way is better.

Comment

Clean You're engine bay, grease all fittings and ball joints, inspect or replace/clean your air filter. Check your tires too. It's just regular maintainence and it's always a good idea to do a thorough maintainence job before a road trip.

Comment

Working...
                              X