Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Idle stay constantly high.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle stay constantly high.

Hello every one,
    I cleaned my throttle body and the EGR valve. After I reassembled every thing, it started fine and seems normal. I drove to the market and when put into park I noticed the idle stays high. Not only that the when I take my foot off the gas pedal, the tachmeter drops down very slowly. I have a video to show the problem. Please list what could be the problem?
    Could cleaning the throttle body stuff my IACV?
    http://youtu.be/jYothpn510E

Thanks.

if it was a vacuum leak, the idle would be Higher than normal. check if you throttle cable is loose.

Comment

Since you messed with the throttlebody, you should go through the set a base idle procedure, and see if you can adjust your idle back to normal. If you can't adjust the idle back down, you probably have a vacuum leak somewhere.
      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Did you guys notice the delay of the tachmeter dropping back down after revving up? What do you think causing that? If I clean my IACV, I take the 2 bolts off, but leave the coolant lines, would coolant comes out? Last time I cleaned it was 4 years ago and I took the 2 hoses off and there was coolant in them.
        Thanks.
        Last edited by Bad_dude; 03-14-2012, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
          Did you guys notice the delay of the tachmeter dropping back down after revving up? What do you think causing that? If I clean my IACV, I take the 2 bolts off, but leave the coolant lines, would coolant comes out? Last time I cleaned it was 4 years ago and I took the 2 hoses off and there was coolant in them.
          Thanks.
          just take it all the way off anyways, its way easier, and maybe look at your o2 sensor for the very slow idle drop, not sure what else could cause that

Comment

Originally posted by 93redcb7 View Post
            just take it all the way off anyways, its way easier, and maybe look at your o2 sensor for the very slow idle drop, not sure what else could cause that
            The O2 sensor was replaced 2 weeks ago. It runs good so far. It's was a Denso from Rock Auto. What are the chance of a vacuum line coming off the air control box? Could the box be opened for vacuum line check?
            Thanks.

Comment

OK. GhostAccord over at Honda-Tech suggested that when I cleaned my TB, I may have pushed some carbon into the IACV and clog the screen up. If I clean it, it might help getting back the correct idle. First, I checked for vacuum leak as I am thinking one of the vacuum tube might have pulled out of the black air control box. I started the car running cold and use a can of brake cleaner spraying a little at each of the vacuum tubes and no change in idle so I think no leak. So I clean the IACV with throttle body cleaner. I waited for an hour for it to dry. Then while waiting, I clean up the TB again with a toothbrush. Here's the video below of the results. Though it's not perfect, I think a few days of driving it the computer will learn to keep the idle more constant. I think this happens last time too, about 4 years ago. Close to the end of the video where I unplug the IACV, and then put it back in, there's a weird noise coming from the air box, I don't know what it is. Could it be the intake is sucking in more air with the idle increase when the IACV is plugged back in?
              Please look at the video and see if it looks like it's back to normal to you? My car is a 90 Accord LX 4 speed auto.
              http://youtu.be/cBKAicSJfv8
              Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X