Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What can I do with my trans problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can I do with my trans problem?

When I bought my auto cb, the owner told me that it had some transmission issues and he thought it was the solenoids. I changed it, feels a bit better, but some problems and codes continues, I tried many things, and two years ago, we had to repair the tranny, (after it gone) changed the torque converter, fluid, etc., feels better, but not at all. 8 months ago, I changed the solenoids and checked the TCU again that was fine, and It feels better, but some bad symptoms continues for example, weird shift (if it's not shift hard, get time to do it, I have to release a bit the gas pedal to allow it to shift, that S light blinking, some times I feel the car slower and sometimes good, but everyday is different)

Honestly, I'm tired of this situation.

There's a guy with a junked 91 prelude that told me about selling me the 5 speed tranny of it and all the swap parts cheap. I have a f22b1 vtec and wanna know
    1. if all the parts fits.
    2. If I can try anything else on my actual tranny that get it on shape. (I heard about try products like Lucas treatment or something else)

I love the car and don't wanna sell it, anyway I'll not to recover at least the half of the money inverted on it. Not a good business. And not much money to buy another one. What you guys reccomend me?
    Thanks.

I know that you said you visually inspected your TCU, but just b/c the capacitors look good do not mean they are working properly. Unless you test each capacitors for its condition, which I think is a waste of time. Why don't you just replace them, they are 21 years old and it does not matter if you score one at the JY, it's still 21 years old. In our application, any new capacitors are still better. If you can get your hands on the low noise high quality ones, even better. I do this for motherboards all the time. Any suspected ones are replaced and never had a board fail due to leaking capacitors.
    I would suggest that you go ahead the replace the capacitors and see what happens then.
    Could you describe in a little more details as to what symptoms you are experience with the shifting?

Comment

Well you said the S light keeps blinking? Whats the code? And if you did indeed fix that code, then I would replace the tcu with one from the junk yard. Of course you should replace the capacitors aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by lilg4mdalbc View Post
        Well you said the S light keeps blinking? Whats the code? And if you did indeed fix that code, then I would replace the tcu with one from the junk yard. Of course you should replace the capacitors aswell.
        I need a spare one before I start soldering but I can't seem to find one from the JY. Any one around my areas know of one? I need it cheap. Lol. No job right now.

Comment

get rid of the auto, btw a 91 won't work. they switched over in 92
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
            I know that you said you visually inspected your TCU, but just b/c the capacitors look good do not mean they are working properly. Unless you test each capacitors for its condition, which I think is a waste of time. Why don't you just replace them, they are 21 years old and it does not matter if you score one at the JY, it's still 21 years old. In our application, any new capacitors are still better. If you can get your hands on the low noise high quality ones, even better. I do this for motherboards all the time. Any suspected ones are replaced and never had a board fail due to leaking capacitors.
            I would suggest that you go ahead the replace the capacitors and see what happens then.
            Could you describe in a little more details as to what symptoms you are experience with the shifting?
            Good idea, but at least there's no codes, I'll do that anyway. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lilg4mdalbc View Post
              TCU Code 10 (When it throws a code). I'll work with the capacitors too. Thanks.

Comment

The symptoms on the shift are slow shifting (changing 2nd to 3rd and 4th), power loss, hard shifting, have to release a bit the gas pedal to allow it to shift (mostly froim 2nd to 3rd) 1st gear sometimes weak, sometimes strong, I don't know if there's a 5th gear, never shifts to it. S light blinks sometimes.

Comment

So code 10 is the water temp sensor. Replace that to fix the code first. Most likely causing your problem.

Comment

Where are the 1992 honda accord transmission solenoid located at
                    Keep It Low, And Drive It Slow
                    ------------------------------------+---
                    89 CRX dx with a 94 del so Si swap - deceased 91 civic hatchback Si with a JDM ZC SOHC swap-sold 92 CB7 accord sedan - living but stock

Comment

Originally posted by 713_JDM_CB7 View Post
                      Where are the 1992 honda accord transmission solenoid located at
                      On the transmission.

You should really pull the codes from your tcu to find out what your problem is exactly, instead of blinding trying to fix things, that might not need to be tampered with. You could have also posted this question in the thread you created.

To pull codes, its really simple: ENG: Diagnose a Check Engine Light and S/D4 errors.
                      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                        So code 10 is the water temp sensor. Replace that to fix the code first. Most likely causing your problem.
                        Where's the water temp sensor at?

Comment

???
                          Do the manual transmission needs that sensor?

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                            X