Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

92 accord keep losing spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 accord keep losing spark

i searched and really didnt find anything.I have a 92 accord lx bone stock i changed the plugs and spark plug wires on friday i didnt have spark.So i took off the distributor cap and got a little bit of spark out of it.The car was running all weekend.I went to work yesterday the car started up fine everything was normal.I went out this morning to get ready for work my started right up and died.When i tried to start it back up it just cranked i dont know if its the distributor cap or the distributor itself. Please help any information will be helpful

Just because you have some spark out of your cap doesnt mean its fully functioning...heres a simple test to see if your cap is getting the necessary spark to your wires

get a test light and remove your wires and remove the wires off the cap and touch each one of the caps electrodes meanwhile you have someone try to start your car (all wires disconnected) and go from electrode to electrode if you see the test light light bright intermitantly on each and everyone of the electrodes then you have spark and if not then you might want to replace your cap n rotor

Comment

Check Ignition Coil.
      1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
      2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
      3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
      4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
      5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

okay thanks i will try that now

Comment

i agree with the post about checking the coil i totally forgot to mention that....coils have a tendency to not fire when they are getting the end of their service life when they get hot

Comment

update

the coil has a crack wire so im going to replace the whole coil and see what happens from there

Comment

also check the ignitor if thats bad it will have a no spark or week spark.
              this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
              How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
              Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7sex View Post
                The icm is the ignitor
                ooooooooo my bad i did not know that.
                this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Update

I took apart the distributor cap took the rotor off and where the rotor connects to was really rusty I cleaned the area real good scrapped all the rust off with a flathead screw driver also replaced the rotor car fired right up

Comment

I might try this it couldnt hurt

Comment

Working...
                    X