Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

"s" Light On 91 Lx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"s" Light On 91 Lx

So when i picked up the car about a month ago, the seller of course neglected to mention that the S light would come. I did research and did the code test, but still managed to give me the same problem. I replaced the TCU, and the top shift solenoid. Several opinions of what it might be, but it only comes on once i turn off the car and try to start again, or when i go to start it cold. ANY SUGGESTIONS????
    Last edited by rob_cee; 07-03-2012, 05:46 PM.

we need codes.
    this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
    How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
    Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

if im correct i think its code 6 or 7

Comment

Originally posted by rob_cee View Post
        if im correct i think its code 6 or 7
        the code 7 its about the TPS
        but i have a similar problem in my cb7 , the ´S´ light and i remplace the speed sensor and the fail is gone and the s light its off,, check your speed sensor

Comment

Originally posted by eljhonyboy View Post
          the code 7 its about the TPS
          but i have a similar problem in my cb7 , the ´S´ light and i remplace the speed sensor and the fail is gone and the s light its off,, check your speed sensor
          You're talking about an ECU code, not a TCU code.
          His code (be it 6 or 7) has NOTHING to do with the speed sensor. Don't give advice that will cause a member to waste time and money, if you don't know what you're talking about. Thanks.

Codes:
          6-Shift Lever Position Switch circuit open.
          7-Shift Solenoid 'A' circuit open or shorted.

How are you not sure which it is? If it flashes 6 times, it is code 6. If it flashes 7, it's 7.
          Check it again, count carefully. If you're unable to do that, take a video of the light flashing the code, upload it to Youtube, and link it here. Someone will gladly count your flashes for you. Once you know FOR SURE what code it is, start replacing parts.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            You're talking about an ECU code, not a TCU code.
            His code (be it 6 or 7) has NOTHING to do with the speed sensor. Don't give advice that will cause a member to waste time and money, if you don't know what you're talking about. Thanks.

Codes:
            6-Shift Lever Position Switch circuit open.
            7-Shift Solenoid 'A' circuit open or shorted.

How are you not sure which it is? If it flashes 6 times, it is code 6. If it flashes 7, it's 7.
            Check it again, count carefully. If you're unable to do that, take a video of the light flashing the code, upload it to Youtube, and link it here. Someone will gladly count your flashes for you. Once you know FOR SURE what code it is, start replacing parts.

7- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
            85-98 86-98 97-98 85-91 93-97 95-98 85-98
            TP Sensor (Throttle Position)
            defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

ECU CODES,

Comment

Yes. ECU codes. And what is this thread about?

Comment

Originally posted by eljhonyboy View Post
                7- Accord Civic Crv Crx Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
                85-98 86-98 97-98 85-91 93-97 95-98 85-98
                Tp Sensor (throttle Position)
                Defective Circuit Or Unplugged / Defective Sensor

Ecu Codes,
                Its The Same Computer For The Ecu And The A/t Right,
                How Can You Do To Know The Other Codes.

Comment

No. There is an ECU and a TCU. Two separate computers, and two separate sets of codes. ECU codes are flashed through the CEL, and TCU codes are flashed through the S light in 90-91 models, and the D4 light in 92-93 models. If you don't know that much, you shouldn't be attempting to help solve a problem involving a TCU code. You will only cause the person asking to waste money on unnecessary parts.
                  There is a list is the "common beginner technical questions" sticky at the top of this section.

Comment

definately 6 flashes

Comment

Then it's your shift lever position switch.
                      Unfortunately, that's the best I can do. I've never worked on an automatic cb. Never even driven one.

Comment

i am to haveing problems with my a/t . well searching i found this and thought it might be some use to you.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...osition+switch
                        this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                        How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                        Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Working...
                        X