Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

best clutch for h22a setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mt.HOODrat View Post
    i like that. i better get one of those Magnum clutches...
    I know plenty of fools that front like they need Magnums, and that shit falls off and ruins their life. (I'm talking clutches, of course... )

Seriously though, just like a condom, you want it to fit your equipment.
    A weak clutch, like an old stock unit, will disintegrate in a matter of days with the added torque of even a low-boost turbo setup. That's like a teenie-weenie condom breaking when you stuff your average sized sausage into it. No good.
    The right clutch, like the right jimmyhat, will provide the performance you need, and it will do it with minimal compromise.
    A clutch that is too much for your setup is like sticking your little peeper into a Magnum. Not only will it get you laughed at by anyone that knows what you did, but it will also be too much for your equipment. The end result, while probably not as life-ruining as with using too little, will still be an inefficient use of the item at hand.

Bottom line, if you make 170whp, get a clutch that will handle 170whp (or a little more.) You don't need a clutch that will handle 500hp.

Comment

And unless you're built or boosted, anything other than a stock clutch is a waste of time and will make driving your car a nightmare.

Comment

Does a "performance" clutch really make a difference in drivability with our hydraulic clutch systems? I had an XTD Stage 3 clutch in my car... 6 puck... and I noticed no difference. The only real difference I noticed in driving was the lighter flywheel I added.
        Granted, XTD stuff is absolute garbage. I've never driven a CB with a quality performance clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Does a "performance" clutch really make a difference in drivability with our hydraulic clutch systems? I had an XTD Stage 3 clutch in my car... 6 puck... and I noticed no difference. The only real difference I noticed in driving was the lighter flywheel I added.
          Granted, XTD stuff is absolute garbage. I've never driven a CB with a quality performance clutch.
          You had a 6 puck clutch on your accord? How did that drive? I have driven my brothers turbo civic with a puck clutch and i hate the instant grab. I have a regular old competition clutch on my H22 and it holds just fine and it is comfortable.

Comment

Drove just like stock, aside from the lightweight flywheel. It was a piece of shit clutch, though. It was before I learned the information that I'm trying to drive home here.

Comment

I changed my flywheel to a clutchmasters aluminum one and bought a stock clutch. didn't notice any difference in take off at all, but I've been driving stick for almost 20 years.

As said before here

Unless you get radical and boost the engine or run lost of nitrous a stock slutch or a "performance Stage 1"(stock replacement will work fine.

Id just get the cheapest OEM clutch kit, and put some good grease down in the replacement throwout bearing. Or like suggested buy a Honda bearing for it, Timken may make one as well and its probably better than Hondas OEM, unless thats their provider.

Comment

The guy who put my swap in kept suggesting Competition Clutch Stage 5...270$ brand new stock flywheel 51$. and it grabs like a sum-ma-ma-b!tch... way too agressive for me. its like 300% more agressive on all stock h22.... now im putting together a turbo setup to at least go quicker to utilize the agression. new valves, springs, retainers, ect. single digit boost.

Comment

Working...
                X