Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Clutch inspection cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch inspection cover?

Sorry if this info is out there. I tried to search I promise.

I'm having transmission problems and I was unable to determine if our cars have an inspection cover for the clutch.

I believe it's the H2A5 if it makes a difference.

Thanks for any help.

There's the flywheel/flexplate hole for timing checks, but I don't think that's going to help much.

On the bottom of the trans there's a thin metal plate facing the front of the engine that mounts up to the bell housing you can take off. IIRC it's about 1.5" in width, and covers about 1/5 of the circumference of the bell housing. You might have better luck there.

Comment

no inspection covers.only way is to pull transmission and pressure plate.but if you do that might as well chance the clutch.

my new turbo build

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
        no inspection covers.only way is to pull transmission and pressure plate.but if you do that might as well chance the clutch.
        That's what I figured.

I'll give some background. I am unable to shift into any gear after I limped it home when it became difficult to shift. When the car is off I can get whatever gear I want 1-5 and reverse. When it is running I get nothing. I changed the M/C, and yes I bench bled it first. It helped nothing.

So next question.

Nearly every gasket on this car leaks, and I need to change the timing belt. If my searching is correct at this point it would be much easier to yank the transmission and engine from the top to do all this work.

Does this sound correct?

Thanks again guys.

Comment

Pulling the starter can give you a look, sorta, the best you'll get. It really sounds like the clutch is not fully disengaging. Def. check the travel @ the slave cylinder. Should be around 3/4" stroke IIRC. If good, then prob. the pressure plate. Yes, it's really not that much extra work to yank the whole motor and trans IMO.

Comment

pull the motor out the top, its not too bad of a process.

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

Working...
            X