Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1990 CB7 Bad Tranny worth $700?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 CB7 Bad Tranny worth $700?

I'm going to look at an accord tomorrow with a bad tranny. Any tips on what I should look for besides the Tranny being bad, and if it's even worth the asking price? Also if my 1992 M/T will bolt up to the 1990 with wire harness?

What I know about the car:
    205,000 miles
    1990 LX Model
    Tiny bit of wheel well rust in the back. (hope that's just it)
    For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

ive bought a couple running cbs for less than $600. that being said, check the condition of everything you can to give you an indication of how well the car has been taken care of. see whats been replaced, and if its been replaced with quality parts...open your oil cap and see what color the valvetrain is..test drive it naturally...the tranny will work just fine, you only have a reverse sensor to plug in, remember its a standard, if ur car was auto to begin with, youre gonna need to source all the supporting parts needed for an auto-2-5spd swap.

Comment

Not really. I paid $300 for mine in Aug of 2011 and i've put about 40k miles on it and only my distributor took a shit. Got one from the junkyard and she's been good since. If you really need it go for it but i don't think its worth it unless the exterior and interior are in awesome shape.
      10th Anniversary Accord.
      05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

In the end it's really going to be up to you honestly. DO you feel the car is worth the time and money you'll spend. I personally refuse to pay $500 for any Honda period. I end up having to put so much work into them as far as tune ups, timing belts, bushings, brakes, etc. Check it all. I live in a state with Safety Inspections so when I buy a car I have to take into account a lot of different things so I see a cars value at WAY lower then your average person. Hope that all made sense cause it did in my head lol

Comment

Bought my wagon for $450 with a bad auto trans, for on for $100 from a fellow member and put it in myself instead of paying to. And im only 17 (16 when i bought it), Runs good now. It depends on the condition really.
          1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
          For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

It all depends of the overall condition...rust and prior accidents are important considering factors for me.

I bought my '93 for $500 with 300k + miles, dry rotted timing belt, intermitent fuel pump, and suspension components never replaced; BUT body was straight, no accidents, clean title, 2-owner and perfectly taken care of interior.

Overall, if its worth it to you, go for it.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

It could work. It could be something as simple as a bad slave cylinder. Even if the transmission is bad, if the motor runs well and everything else works $700 is a steal. ESPECIALLY for a manual car.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I built my 91 sedan from a free wrecked wagon and a sedan shell i got for $500 in great shape. If it wont be your main car for right now i would say get it and fix it.
                Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

Comment

Originally posted by MrTShoff View Post
                  I built my 91 sedan from a free wrecked wagon and a sedan shell i got for $500 in great shape. If it wont be your main car for right now i would say get it and fix it.
                  Well it is my main car. I refuse to drive my CB9 because it's in mint condition. I work at Papa Johns so you can imagine how many miles are put on the car. Plus their is snow on the road still and I'm sooo scared of the salt and rust.
                  For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Originally posted by BreckAConner View Post
                    Well it is my main car. I refuse to drive my CB9 because it's in mint condition. I work at Papa Johns so you can imagine how many miles are put on the car. Plus their is snow on the road still and I'm sooo scared of the salt and rust.
                    In that case i would honestly say get it and use the fact that you dont want to drive the other car as motivation to fix it as quickly as possible. Our transmissions arent highly desired so theyre easy and cheap to replace.
                    Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

Comment

As Glory said if the rest of the car is in great condition and only the tranny is bad then $700 is a steal. KBB says that dealers will usually charge 2-2500 for one of our cars in great condition even with a lot of miles. So if all you need to do is get the tranny working even with that added to the cost you could still be ahead of the game as far as expenses.

Comment

Simple.. NO

I bought an H22 LSD Trans from HMotorsOnline for under $600.
                        Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
                          Simple.. NO

I bought an H22 LSD Trans from HMotorsOnline for under $600.
                          You know he's asking about the price of an entire car with a bad trans for $700. Not jsut the motor or the trans itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1992 View Post
                            As Glory said if the rest of the car is in great condition and only the tranny is bad then $700 is a steal. KBB says that dealers will usually charge 2-2500 for one of our cars in great condition even with a lot of miles. So if all you need to do is get the tranny working even with that added to the cost you could still be ahead of the game as far as expenses.

I'd be more than happy to pay $700 just for a clean shell

Comment

I would say it is in an okay deal if it doesn't have much rust. I just picked up a running 91 ex sedan for 600 and drove it home with no problems. However, it does have quite a bit of cancer on both rear arches and has other little imperfections as well

Comment

Working...
                              X