Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I need help with my mugen header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help with my mugen header

hey guys, I bought a Mugen header for an h22a for 125$ but there is no down pipe that comes with it.

Is there any oem or other down pipe that is compatible with my mugen headers?

might be a worthless purchase without the downpipe. There may be some other high performance headers that have the same bolt pattern but they wouldnt be matched to each other so performance would be minimal at best.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

try to find the mugen downpipe..thats the best bet..maybe send it to Bisi?

Comment

I would try to find a flange that meets up with the end of the piece you have, then have a good local exhaust or fab shop make you the piece you need

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I agree a top half without the bottom that matches is not the best purchase.

Just wondering why would you suggest sending it to Bisi? IMO shipping it back and forth for a simple down pipe would be a huge waste of time. Unless you can walk it in and show him in person. Even then he farms out his fab work. Bette off with a local shop.

How long are the primaries, from the top bend to the flange? Take that measurement and measure it against a stock H22 top half. You may be able to find a down pipe that works that way. There are dozens of stock Honda 2-1 down pipes. I have two different length downpipes (secondaries) that I am not using. Let me know the measurements and I can tell you if you can get them to fit.

As said above, If all else fails take it to a local exhaust shop and see if they can help you out.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by johnnysengasong View Post
            hey guys, I bought a Mugen header for an h22a for 125$ but there is no down pipe that comes with it.

Is there any oem or other down pipe that is compatible with my mugen headers?
            Are you sure this is a Mugen header? Or is tagged JASMA?

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
              JASMA is the emissions tag or certification they put on street legal Mugen headers.

Japan = JASMA
              US = CARB
              Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-01-2013, 01:40 PM.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Ive seen alot of headers from Japan that are just marked JASMA, there is no brand attached to them. So people could pawn them off as Mugen or FEELS, thats why I asked.

I think you are going to have to fab your own down pipe in this situation. I dont ever just see down pipes come up for sale.
                The downpipes take alot of abuse with road rash, and if they are beyond repair, thats when you end up with just manifold.
                Last edited by jhoff; 05-01-2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Yeah, a lot of people think a header marked JASMA is some fancy expensive JDM brand.

Anyway, the collector design in a header is just as important, if not more important, than the primary runners. With just the top half, you really don't have anything special. IMO, $125 for half a Mugen header was a serious ripoff.
                  You could probably get a cheap "ebay" header and find a way to mate the lower half to your Mugen upper half... but the gains won't be much more than that cheap header would provide.

Comment

JASMA stamped on "stock" pieces mean theyre "CARB" compliant to Japans air team program. But there is also a "Jasma" Engineering corp. which has this logo

if it was mugen itll say Mugen or have a logo stamp.

Take some measurements.

Now this is for an F..but it might help you..... The stock H22A downpipe is similar and might fit with some simple mods. even just getting a dual pipe downpipe, have a flange made lob off the old DP flanges and weld the made one in place

Comment

Ive seen alot of headers from Japan that are just marked JASMA, there is no brand attached to them. So people could pawn them off as Mugen or FEELS, thats why I asked.
                      If they are a Mugen or FEELS header it would have one of those tags as well. No way to pawn a Mugen off. They shoud all have the Mugen Logo welded to the primaries. If they are street legal they will also have a JASMA tag on them. Sorry I wasn't more specific.

If you get lucky you picked up a header with just the Mugen tag welded to it.
                      Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-01-2013, 08:14 PM.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

The header is tagged with both badges mugen and jasma.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnysengasong View Post
                          The header is tagged with both badges mugen and jasma.
                          Good thing to see.
                          Just didnt want to see you get fucked out of your money.

Comment

It's still possible to weld a Mugen tag to a generic/knockoff header. This may not be the case, but it's not guaranteed to be genuine.

Regardless, having only half of it makes it essentially worthless. Adding a generic lower half will make it little better than a generic header. It'll just have that brag-worthy tag on it... which, basically, makes it little different from a knockoff anyway!

Comment

Working...
                            X