Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cb7 rought idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cb7 rought idle

ok so its been a while since i posted on here, last time i was on here i was a total noob... things have changed

ive done tons of research for my idle issue, first thing i know is to figure out why the check engine light is on, first off I own a 1992 honda accord with 5spd,
    when i got the car it wouldn't start so i read on the forums that i could use a auto ecu from a cb7, did that got the car to start 37820-pt3-a03 non cali ecu the ecu that came with the car is 37820-pt6-a11, for a few days check engine light would come on when driving, when i parked and turned it off then drove it again the light would return after driving for a while, car would have high slight loopy idle but would go away, after few days check eng light would no longer come on but started to notice the car bogg down at about 3k while cruising in 4th, now it does it in any gear at 3k and check engine light returned.

So what is the code your CEL is throwing? I would start there first.
    Once we figure out what the code is then we can tell you where to go from there.

Comment

Check your CEL code.

On top of that, use the search option...

Comment

Originally posted by jemuzu3 View Post
        last time i was on here i was a total noob... things have changed
        I beg to differ.
        Check the code. Fix the problem. Find another PT6 ECU, since that PT3 isn't tuned for your camshaft or set up to run the IAB system on your F22A6 (I assume that's what you have, since you had a PT6 originally.)

Comment

yes it is f22a6, and i got conflicting info, before i checked here on the other sites everyone said the auto and manual ecu are the same, this is kinda the reason why ive been building s13s and drifting them, ill post what the the code is in a bit, but since you said the ecu is wrong would that trip the code?

Comment

It shouldn't. The code should be the same.

Manual and automatic ECUs are not the same. You CAN use an automatic ECU with a manual with only minor issues, but you cannot use a manual ECU with an automatic.

Comment

yes it is f22a6, and i got conflicting info, before i checked here on the other sites everyone said the auto and manual ecu are the same, this is kinda the reason why ive been building s13s and drifting them, ill post what the the code is in a bit, but since you said the ecu is wrong would that trip the code?
              Did you just say that because you were told that the automatic and manual PT-series of ECUs were the same you began building and drifting S13s?

I'm with everyone else. If you're elevated above noob status and have also been building and drifting other cars then you should have the ability and the intuition to know to check for the particular code you're throwing.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'm no pro, but I know for a fact that idle is coolant/air related in hondas. Clean your valves, IACV, Fast idle.
                Check: Vacum leaks, air in coolant, Egr valve + passages. (6ports)

And yes... get a pt6 AT.

Have fun

Comment

No jarrett, ive been building and drifting 240sx i have a coupe with a chevy 5.3l engine that i installed, i also have a hatchback with the s14 ka eninge tomi stage to cams upgraded 370cc injectors z32 maf and z32tt upgraded fuel pump, but that's besides the point, and deevergote my cb7 is a factory manua car as i stated above that pt6 was the ecu in the car when i bought it that was ruined due to window open, the ecu in it now is the pt3, by the way I may have found the problem bad seals from spark plug tubes, when i removed the plugs #1cyl and #4 have a decent amount of oil, so i am also removing the assembly in a few min and replacing those seals along with the valve cover gasket, ill post find with the CEL i now have a wire i can plug into the jumper.

Comment

What a backwards way of diagnosing.

Oil in the plugs won't cause a CEL.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

i am not done diag the car and how can that be backwards, if the oil fouls out the plugs it can cause the car to run rought tripping the cel due to engine misfire, anyway replaced the seals got new sparkplugs, still need to find metal pin to push into jumper, also wanting to clean iacv, ill post more updates

Comment

i am not done diag the car and how can that be backwards, if the oil fouls out the plugs it can cause the car to run rought tripping the cel due to engine misfire, anyway replaced the seals got new sparkplugs, still need to find metal pin to push into jumper, also wanting to clean iacv, ill post more updates
                        OBDI doesn't have missfire codes.

Diagnose the code first.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

thats new cause my s13 which is obd1 will throw code for misfire, ok ill diag the cel... which just returned, i did however... earlier remove and clean iacv and adjusted the FITV, car no longer boggs down at 3k. iam gonna look for a pin, to do the code, ill post my finding's

Comment

So it's been what, 10 days since you made this thread, and you haven't checked the code yet? Seriously dude, it takes 30 seconds.

Comment

The oil covered plugs is very common, but I have never seen it throw a cel. It can cause a bit of a rough idle but you most likely have something more going on as well. Didn't hurt to fix that issue though. You can jump that connector with alot of things shouldn't be hard to find something.

Comment

Working...
                              X