Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 tb?? Idk?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 tb?? Idk?!?!

I grabbed a tb out of a 94 lude from the junkyard a few months ago. I was so excited about it i p&p'd it myself and it came out awesome. I just ordered the rest of the manifold off ebay it said 94 prelude im $100 so i jumped on it. It came the very next day and i was very let down to see the tb didnt match up. The bolt pattern was different and opening on the tb was significantly smaller. I did some research to find out the plenum is h22a off a 99 sir s-spec which i read was only sold in japan. Very nice plenum, clean too. But now i need a new tb and i have no idea what tb i have now. Theres only a weird symbol where it should say p13 on it it looks like this (8) id post a pic but i have no idea how to on this im new to the forum. Can anybody heeeellllllpp!!!!

Originally posted by Superaccord93 View Post
    I grabbed a tb out of a 94 lude from the junkyard a few months ago. I was so excited about it i p&p'd it myself and it came out awesome. I just ordered the rest of the manifold off ebay it said 94 prelude im $100 so i jumped on it. It came the very next day and i was very let down to see the tb didnt match up. The bolt pattern was different and opening on the tb was significantly smaller. I did some research to find out the plenum is h22a off a 99 sir s-spec which i read was only sold in japan. Very nice plenum, clean too. But now i need a new tb and i have no idea what tb i have now. Theres only a weird symbol where it should say p13 on it it looks like this (8) id post a pic but i have no idea how to on this im new to the forum. Can anybody heeeellllllpp!!!!
    The only Honda TB I can think of that has a different bolt pattern is the F22A1.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158535
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Take this as a lesson for life. Don't simply purchase something because of something you think you heard one time. If you got a throttle body from a Prelude S then you got one exactly like the one in your car already.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

In other simple words...is the throttle body that you got from the prelude the same throttle body as the one on your F22A* intake manifold..

Only h22 and h23 TBs are interchangeable in other words you need a H23 tb to us on that h22 manifold ...a h22 tb is slightly bigger and bolts on right on.

Correct me if I'm wrong please I'm back in the CB7 game but a little rusty

Originally posted by deevergote
        .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Superaccord93 View Post
          So lets try to get this sorted out. What engine did the Prelude have in it that you pulled the throttle body from in your junk yard? H22A1, H23A1, or F22A1? Was it SOHC or DOHC?

Easy way to tell would be to measure the throttle plate of the throttle body. Unless you ported the TB and switched to a larger throttle plate, in that case measure the original that was in it.

Secondly, what intake manifold do you actually have, what is the casting number? Does it have a P14 or P13 casting number on it? If it is actually from a Prelude S from Japan, that is a DOHC Non VTEC F22B intake manifold.... some say that it is the same/similar as the H23A1.
          Last edited by GhostAccord; 12-18-2013, 08:56 AM.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
            So lets try to get this sorted out. What engine did the Prelude have in it that you pulled the throttle body from in your junk yard? H22A1, H23A1, or F22A1? Was it SOHC or DOHC?

Easy way to tell would be to measure the throttle plate of the throttle body. Unless you ported the TB and switched to a larger throttle plate, in that case measure the original that was in it.

Secondly, what intake manifold do you actually have, what is the casting number? Does it have a P14 or P13 casting number on it? If it is actually from a Prelude S from Japan, that is a DOHC Non VTEC F22B intake manifold.... some say that it is the same/similar as the H23A1.
            Its a p 13 casting number on it i think its say hf-4 for the runners and hf1 for the plenum. I was comparing it to my tb on my a6 and it looks damn close the same. Idk what exact engine it was i never looked at the code on the engine but it was a dohc. And thanks for the life lesson about what what i think i heard jarret. Funny

Comment

Working...
            X