Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

(VID) F20b swap DONE, help me out getting it 100%?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(VID) F20b swap DONE, help me out getting it 100%?

Hey guys, heres the story: Bought a destroyed cb7 a faw months ago. Pulled the engine and tranny after it started smoking on the way home. Went with an f20b to replace it and here I am!

I'm running a phearable chipped p28 for the basemap at the moment. Now the car does run decently at the moment and I'll be posting running vids shortly just need a hand with one issue. It seems the car wants to rev a bit over 2k whenever I open the throttle. It does the same thing if I'm rolling to a stop in gear and I clutch in; revs to around 2k then falls. May it be ever so slightly or wide open, I'm also getting a little pop through the intake when I do. Can you experienced members give me a hand getting this thing sorted out?

Heres a video I just took of the act in question.

View My Video

Thanks!

Understand that a basemap is just that, a starting point. Between F20Bs that get imported here to the States there are two different varieties. One has 200hp and the other 180hp, depending on whether or not is came from a manual or automatic car originally. Right away there can't be an all-encompassing F20B tune for a basemap. Add to that mix any other variables such as a header, cold air intake, stacked or gutted IABs and you have enough variations that the tune may not be able to compensate for.

Before any more diagnosis can be done anyone will tell you to get the car street or dyno-tuned first. You're welcome to try any diagnosis methods that one would do an a non-swapped car also such as checking the ignition timing, doing a valve job, checking for oil in the spark plug holes and so on.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      Understand that a basemap is just that, a starting point.
      +1

I don't know about the F-series community, but "fear"able is just that - to be feared. I've had multiple friends run their cars (B-series, maybe a D-series too, been a while) run their cars on those chips until they were able to get the car tuned, bad stories..

Tune it or park it or keep it under 3k smh. I'm sure all the accounts cant be blamed on it but better safe than sorry
      Last edited by SunkistCB7; 01-15-2014, 08:59 PM. Reason: +1

Pop vTec

Comment

You're absolutely right. I usually take for granted that people know to baby a car on a basemap. I'm floored when people (not the OP, per se) ask questions about their cars not being able to hit VTEC on a basemap. It's just shudder-worthy to think these cars are being treated like that.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I got my ECU tuned because of a basemap
          A guy flew the tuner up to Philly to tune his turbo F22A. However, he blew the engine the night before due to racing on the basemap. I got my ECU tuned cheap because the tuner had nothing else to do!

Anyway, Jarrett pretty much said it all in the first reply. Get it tuned properly, and adjust the ignition timing, adjust the valves, etc... If the problems persist after those things, then we'll at least have a few things to rule out in helping you diagnose the problem.

Comment

Sounds good, will baby. I'd rather not see something I've built over the course of the last 4 months get hurt.

Comment

sounds like you got a sticking valve to me.

everyones so focused on the basemap.
              ran 5 phearable chips, zero issues, cause we used them to start car, bleed coolant, and get it to tuner.

not to play around on.
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

Alright, just figured out all of the suction and noise is coming from the iac valve hole in the throttle body. Throttle closes, hole stays open and the car revs anyways. Any ideas?

Comment

Bad IACV?
                  Was the coolant bled of all air?

Looks like the map sensor is not hooked up

Correct me if i am wrong, but aren't you supposed to swap out the front water neck from the F22Ax so the temperature sensor will still be plugged in there?

MRT

Comment

Working...
                  X