Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Auto Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Swap

Hi all, Kind of new to the swap idea. I was wondering if anybody has swapped to a different (perhaps quicker) auto-trans from the stock auto in a 92 ex wagon. How hard would it be? or even possible? My fiancé told me I have to keep this car and can't trade for a standard accord cause she can't drive stick, but I'm tired of not being able to pass going up a slight incline. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Teach her to drive stick or get a new girl

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

x2 it's really not hard. And it saves you a bunch of time and money. My wife learned in a few weeks, at least enough to get around town.

With that being said, find an auto with shorter gears and it will give you a bit more acceleration, but you'll sacrifice top end speed and maybe highway cruising rpm will go up.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

look for an H23 or an H22 automatic trans. from what i've read, they line up properly, although a MINOR step of re-tapping of a new hole is necessary to get it to line up with the accord trans mount. the guts though, they're good to line up (bolting to the engine, all other accessories should be okay).

H22 for shorter gears, but the H23 I've heard is a happy medium for those who want to retain more fuel economy than all performance.

I personally looked for the H22 Auto trans.
        blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

keep in mind, the replacement automatic transmission you find must be from an OBD1 vehicle if you want the swap to not be an issue.
          blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

If I were to switch to an H22 or 23 transmission, how would that change my cv axles and other driveline things? or would it at all.

And on the fuel economy side, this thing tanks as it is, might as well make it a little more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by mmountain View Post
              If I were to switch to an H22 or 23 transmission, how would that change my cv axles and other driveline things? or would it at all.

And on the fuel economy side, this thing tanks as it is, might as well make it a little more fun.
              get an H22A LSD MP1A and swap it out. The only technical issue would be to drill and tap the transmission mount holes, depending on where you sourced the transmission from, an accord you dont have to. a prelude you do. Reuse all your original hardware, oh and the TCU would help but you could get away with the stock TCU.

Comment

I just swapped in a mp1a non-LSD in my 93 ex wagon and I didn't have change anything but the vss. Don't have to move studs and mine was from 1993 prelude

Comment

Originally posted by ol blue View Post
                  I just swapped in a mp1a non-LSD in my 93 ex wagon and I didn't have change anything but the vss. Don't have to move studs and mine was from 1993 prelude

So you didn't need to move the mount holes? and does it make it a little less slow as heck?

Comment

Originally posted by mmountain View Post
                    So you didn't need to move the mount holes? and does it make it a little less slow as heck?
                    No didn't need to move anything, and idk I never drove it with the stock transmission as it had a hole in it. But from my old blue 90 auto it is quicker compared to that and this wagon is noticeably heavier.

Comment

Originally posted by ol blue View Post
                      did you have to swap the vss because the original one didnt have power steering provisions? im just curious because the trans I have doesnt have power steering lines coming out of the vss.

Comment

I just had to swap out the plug, the original one wouldn't clip in.

Comment

Working...
                        X