Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

No power untill 3500 rpm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You learn by doing. Thats always the best way. Sometimes you will need help and never be afrade to ask. And not need to worry about the thread jack as you put it. I just hope we were able to help you.

Comment

Pictures..
      Courtesy of Materkill455/Hondatech

Pop vTec

Comment

Just an update for my issue. Checked valves and they were all fine. Moved onto timing and it was off. Im not sure if my shop set it without shorting the blue thing under the pass kick panel or what. But the 15 wasnt even visible when we started. Kinda pissed about that one. Time to start doing all my own work ingress. Gotta figure it out some how. She runs great now. Ran it to red line thru 2nd. Had a little smoke. Drove for a few minutes and did it again, exhaust was clean. Thanks for all your guys help.

Comment

Originally posted by anavrin351 View Post
          I dont want to start a new thread, and I have the same problem. I know these dont have a ton of power, but my teg wasnt this gutless down low. It really seems to struggle getting going until about 2500rpm. Anything under 2k in a higher gear and there is basically no power to accelerate. I had a 93 civic with a d motor and it was pretty week. But even it wasnt this bad.

I have heard advancing timing in my truck and it helps low end power a bit, then reading it in this thread made me wonder if I could this too? And by how much is ok and safe? I just bought the car so im going to clean the maf sensor with brake cleaner this weekend and check the air filter. Ill post a thread about the car, hopefully tomorrow.

I had this same problem for months ppl told me it was this and that, turned out the cam gear was off by one tooth, car used to take 10 seconds to pull off with the A/C on now the slightest touch and launches like a crazy. If yours isn't that bad you may just need to adjust the distributor all the way forward. hope this helps

Comment

Good im glad you got it fixed.

Comment

I have the same issue only mine is only when I have my ac on?

Comment

Originally posted by siguy2k View Post
                I have the same issue only mine is only when I have my ac on?
                That's normal. A/C puts a load on the motor, which gives you less power to the wheels.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                  That's normal. A/C puts a load on the motor, which gives you less power to the wheels.
                  Yea I know but it acts like it wants to die if you try to step on it from a stop. Have to accelerate gently.

Comment

So one tooth off on the timing is that crucial?

Comment

Working...
                    X