Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

battery light dims on acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

battery light dims on acceleration

I don't know what it can be, but my battery light lights up a little when I am in the 4k range.. Hopefully its my alternator, but any help is appreciated

Make sure to do the, Before Troubleshooting Check list on the first page.

This may seem a bit lazy to just post the pages. But I would just be listing these same items off anyways.

Comment

This happened to me recently exact same thing and it was the voltage regulator failing. NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO. DO NOT BUY AUTOZONE ALTERNATER as I had to repeat my work four times until getting a good one I cannot stress that enough to avoid that place I find that Pep boys is more reliable on alternators along with advance auto. You might want to make sure the voltage isn't getting real high when mine failed it would ether get really low voltage or high like 16-18 volt high and I'm sure it could damage electrical components if left running be sure to look for discounts if you buy from those places use retail me not.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinhughes13 View Post
        This happened to me recently exact same thing and it was the voltage regulator failing. NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO. DO NOT BUY AUTOZONE ALTERNATER as I had to repeat my work four times until getting a good one I cannot stress that enough to avoid that place I find that Pep boys is more reliable on alternators along with advance auto. You might want to make sure the voltage isn't getting real high when mine failed it would ether get really low voltage or high like 16-18 volt high and I'm sure it could damage electrical components if left running be sure to look for discounts if you buy from those places use retail me not.
        All of their alternators are usually refurbished.. So I'll look into buying a brand new one next pay check

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
          Make sure to do the, Before Troubleshooting Check list on the first page.

This may seem a bit lazy to just post the pages. But I would just be listing these same items off anyways.

Where can I find these pages ? Are they apart of a book?

Comment

Hello currently at Advance Auto you can get a brand new Bosch for 160.99 using TRT30 discount reg price is 210 next time my alternator fails I intend on purchasing this one although in not sure if there's a better price on it anywhere.

Comment

For $160 you can get an alterstart high output alternator. 135, 160amp
              As long as you don't have a high idle amperage need.

I've had 2 and they are good.

http://https://secure.mysuperpagesho...ator-160-amps/

Steve

Comment

My alternator gave out on me last night.. My dad and I were stuck, until my mom could jump us off.

Comment

Working...
                X