Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Can u go from internal coil to external coil? Can't find the answer anywhere!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can u go from internal coil to external coil? Can't find the answer anywhere!!

I'm down to the wire!I'm suppose to race tomorrow night. Any one know if it's possible? Point me to a link? I was hoping to take the diz off my other lude witch is a h23 external can I even use that On my h22a JDM witch has internal.
    ANYONE?? Thanks.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84028

Sounds like what you're looking for.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Maintaining External CoiL Instructions
      This DIY is for those that have external coil vehicles that wish to maintain this configuration, despite internal coil dizzys. There's no need to fork out the cash for an external dizzy, just follow these easy steps.

See the first sentence in this is saying for external vehicles mine is internal vehicle? Wanting to go external. Unless I'm reading it wrong???
      Thank u for the responds.
      Any other help greatly appreciated!!! In a bind.

Comment

You have the internal harness on the vehicle and the distributor is external?

You should have a 2 pin and an 8 pin harness for the internal coil. On the 2 pin harness there should be a blk/yel wire. That's the 12v wire for your primary for the external coil. The schematic shows that the two pins highlighted in the DIY thread are connected inside the coil so you really only need to connect the blk/yel wire to one pin on the external coil.

The third pin on your external coil is connected to the ignitor OUTPUT. On the schematic, this is pin 5 of the 8 pin connector and should be an ORG wire. Careful because there are two ORG wires and the other goes to the CYL sensor.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Yes my h22a JDM, that's swapped into my 92 accord has internal coil and internal wire HARNESS, "f22a1 wire harness" I have some external dizzys from some of my other cars, one being a h23 external coil us model. It don't sem like that link is this swap? Correct me if I'm wrong, I might be reading this incorrectly.
          Any info is greatly needed!!

Comment

The link is for using an internal dis with external harness, but you'll have to get creative when you do it the other way.

The instructions I posted are for retaining your internal harness and using an ext dis. It's a rough idea as you will have to use your best judgment when changing wires. The schematic may or may not be right. Your goal is to get the 12v to the primary and the switching signal from the ignitor to your ext coil.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

So when you swapped in a JDM H22A you didn't use the Accord engine harness?
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yes I did use the accord harness. Witch is a internal harness.

Comment

So you have an internal coil distributor from the JDM H22A, your CB Accord harness is for an internal coil distributor and you still want to wire in an external coil? Is this what you're wanting to do?
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                    You have the internal harness on the vehicle and the distributor is external?

You should have a 2 pin and an 8 pin harness for the internal coil. On the 2 pin harness there should be a blk/yel wire. That's the 12v wire for your primary for the external coil. The schematic shows that the two pins highlighted in the DIY thread are connected inside the coil so you really only need to connect the blk/yel wire to one pin on the external coil.

The third pin on your external coil is connected to the ignitor OUTPUT. On the schematic, this is pin 5 of the 8 pin connector and should be an ORG wire. Careful because there are two ORG wires and the other goes to the CYL sensor.

when some one post's something like this they went far and beyond for you. Give them a thankyou.

Comment

Yes jerret that is correct. This I what I ended up doing and it worked, but didn't clear the code. I took an external dizzy and took my interna coil and put it in the dizzy w the external and basically made in in internal dizzy worked mint and super easy!! I really didn't see how u could make an external work.

8ball I understand what your saying. I did thank him earlier in the thread and have thanked him several times on other questions. Also I was wrenching on my car all day yesterday and had to be at the race track by 5
                      Last edited by Jarrett; 08-17-2014, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X