Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

5 lug conversion caliper/rotor upgrade??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 lug conversion caliper/rotor upgrade??

Hey guys I have some questions on upgrading my calipers and rotors on my odyssey spindles.

Once i deleted my abs and got new lines. Replaced the bmc and reservoir just to be safe. Full maintenance on brakes just tl get all tjat sitff out of the way

So now here is my question, i got myself a set of legend typeII DUAL piston calipers the other day. And im wanting to install them. I also have a 04 pilot on which i just replaced the rotors. I was wondering if i was to jnstall the pilot rotors and the type II calipers will i have any clearance issues as the pilot rotors seem to be a bit rhicker than the 1st gen oddysey rotors.

If this is even worth the hassle or should i jist stick with what i have and install the calipers and call it a day.

StraightAs jamz720
    HTTPS://youtu.be/sJA1_TQ-WVY

I used the Odyssey rotors with the dual TypeII pistons. Just be sure to mount them on the wrong side. Ie., left caliper on right and right caliper on left. You also have to bleed them off the rotor with a 2x4.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

You mean to keep them even all the way in for installation. I will keep that in mind. And i will. Should be doing it this weekend and trying the pilot rotors just to test fit. Could bringin better possibility for better brakes. Hope its not all worthless.

StraightAs jamz720

Comment

you can get fast brakes brembo adapter bracket and use acura 4pot rl calipers with brembo 350z rotors. should be around 12.8".
        COUPE K24

Comment

Wow that reallh sounds interesting. I knew about the RL calipers but the z rotors and brembo adapters no. I thought only ffc made them.

StraightAs jamz720

Comment

oddy spindles are the same as a lot of cars. i have a cl type-s 6mt and people always put the rl calipers on them and its the same spindle so why wouldnt it work?

only thing youd have to find wheels that work for the car and are big enough to clear the brakes.
            COUPE K24

Comment

Wait so what your saying is thag i can use the rl 4pot calipers witbout adapters for them? Usinh same oddy rotors?

Imma do some research on that

StraightAs jamz720

Comment

No, you cannot. RL calipers are radial-mount and require the bracket adapter. The one Fast Brakes makes is a shameless copy of one made by a guy named Paul in the 7th generation Accord community. It works, and Paul no longer sells his because of this, but I'd include a note that they're dicks if you do decide to purchase. This bracket requires the 12.6" 350Z rotor and an 18" wheel to fit.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Think imma have to pass on the 18s. I did some small research the other day and came to find out that the pilot rotors are too thick therefore heavier and will put more stress on suspension bushing and hub. So im just gonna call it a deal and install mu dual pistons with brembo blanks. Thanks for the help guys.

StraightAs jamz720

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                    No, you cannot. RL calipers are radial-mount and require the bracket adapter. The one Fast Brakes makes is a shameless copy of one made by a guy named Paul in the 7th generation Accord community. It works, and Paul no longer sells his because of this, but I'd include a note that they're dicks if you do decide to purchase. This bracket requires the 12.6" 350Z rotor and an 18" wheel to fit.
                    I am not a fastbrakes fan, but how many ways are there to make a radial bracket?
                    Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

Working...
                    X