Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Erratic RPM when Cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erratic RPM when Cold

I need help with this... i cleaned the iac
    and idle valve with carburetor cleaner
    it help a little bit but the problem persist...
    the book tells me to look for so much... anyone has solve this proble... thank you

I have the same issue when the car is warm. I know how frustrating it can be to find the source, just be persistent.

Since yours is happening while the car is cold before cleaned the IACV and FITV, you need to do all the vacuum leak checks and let us know if you have any CEL codes for the MAP, TPS, or IACV. Check for vacuum hoses that have holes or rips, or have come off, check all the little rubber gaskets for all the IM valves, and check all gaskets involved in the TB and IM.

A good way to attack this is going through the steps in this thread in order. The FITV is usually the culprit, but not always.
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

You'll also want to properly reset your base idle. The instructions for that can be found in the thread that is marked "READ HERE FIRST" at the top of this section.

Comment

I wouldnt just trust cleaning the IAC either cause I have had a few hondas that did this and the problem stopped when I replaced the valve.

Comment

Cb7 in process

Thanks... no i do not have any cel codes thats the problem... i will defenetly try the "read here first" thread

Comment

Idle issues are rarely accompanied by CEL codes.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Idle issues are rarely accompanied by CEL codes.
              So true. So many little vacuum leaks can cause this too thats why it is so frustrating.

Comment

You checked that the cooling system was topped off and purged right?

Comment

Yes i did purged the antifreeze... i allready cleaned the
                  EGR changed the Gasket... problem persist... the ex comes with "Bypass" modular i think it is i got check it... right next to the battery... is that what that thread says "Air boost Valve"
                  Last edited by antonypalma21; 06-19-2015, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by antonypalma21 View Post
                    Yes i did purged the antifreeze... i allready cleaned the
                    EGR changed the Gasket... problem persist... the ex comes with "Bypass" modular i think it is i got check it... right next to the battery... is that what that thread says "Air boost Valve"
                    Why don't you try changing the o2 sensor. You can find them online for relatively cheap.. stay away from bosch because there's been nothing but bad reviews about them.
                    Skeazzy

Comment

The O2 sensor has nothing to do with an erratic idle.

Comment

Skeazzy, an o2 sensor is a great thing to replace.

but it has nothing to do with the issue.

As has been stated, if cleaning the FITV, IACV, etc doesnt work, and you dont have any vacuum leaks, then the valve itself may just be broken and requires replacement. start with replacing the IACV first.

also, once you clean everything, reset your ecu. you can either pull the ecu fuse for 15 seconds or disconnect the battery.

Just note that ive found most vehicles with automatic transmissions act weird when you reset the Car and ecu for about 500KM's, as the auto relearns driving behaviour.
                        sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Cb7 in process

I allready changed the IAC... i have 2, 93 accords the 1 in project is my Ex... problem Persists....

Comment

What is your behavior idle RPM ? May be it's just a little too low ...

Comment

Originally posted by antonypalma21 View Post
                              I need help with this... i cleaned the iac
                              and idle valve with carburetor cleaner
                              it help a little bit but the problem persist...
                              the book tells me to look for so much... anyone has solve this proble... thank you
                              I'm having this issue as well, I haven't actually began trying to diagnose what the problem is because I'm checking out the other codes I had previously; however as stated below your post, this also happens to me while the car is warm.

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                              I have the same issue when the car is warm. I know how frustrating it can be to find the source, just be persistent.

Since yours is happening while the car is cold before cleaned the IACV and FITV, you need to do all the vacuum leak checks and let us know if you have any CEL codes for the MAP, TPS, or IACV. Check for vacuum hoses that have holes or rips, or have come off, check all the little rubber gaskets for all the IM valves, and check all gaskets involved in the TB and IM.

A good way to attack this is going through the steps in this thread in order. The FITV is usually the culprit, but not always.
                              Great help here, I'll have a look at it as well; unfortunately I'm rather new here and all these "short terms'' are unknown by me.

I know there was a topic somewhere that defined forum slangs and terms and what not, but it's nowhere to be found.

If someone would happen to know where it's located off the top of their head, mind leaving the link?

Originally posted by lbus9168 View Post
                              Skeazzy, an o2 sensor is a great thing to replace.

but it has nothing to do with the issue.

As has been stated, if cleaning the FITV, IACV, etc doesnt work, and you dont have any vacuum leaks, then the valve itself may just be broken and requires replacement. start with replacing the IACV first.

also, once you clean everything, reset your ecu. you can either pull the ecu fuse for 15 seconds or disconnect the battery.

Just note that ive found most vehicles with automatic transmissions act weird when you reset the Car and ecu for about 500KM's, as the auto relearns driving behaviour.

I wish I would've know that resetting the car would make it act up. I replaced the battery and now it's acting crazy af bro.

I was almost done replacing and repairing all of the issues that I found, and now that I've replaced the battery like four more issues pop up. What kind of mess is this.

Comment

Working...
                              X