Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

JDM F20A block with JDM F22B head

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM F20A block with JDM F22B head

I have to do the timing on my car but I am a little confused I have a JDM F20A block with theJDM F20B head and don't know what timing belt to use any one help me please? DOHC
    Last edited by Fuzzymanbush; 08-01-2015, 01:44 PM.

Your title says that you have an F22B head, but your post says that you have an F20B head. Which is it? They are very different.

If you have an F22B DOHC head, then it seems that you simply have an F20A DOHC engine, unless you swapped the head yourself. In any case, both the F20A DOHC and the F22B DOHC use the PT2 timing belt. Unfortunately, this timing belt is not readily available here in the United States, as no engine here ever came with it. There is one importer that can get the timing belt, but their name eludes me presently. Otherwise, your only option is to swap over to a full H23A1 timing setup with cam gears, lower timing gear, water pump, and timing belt.
    Last edited by Jarrett; 08-04-2015, 04:49 PM.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

F22b sorry half asleep when i posted and the guy i bought the car from said it had the H23a1 non vtec belt so would that mean he did the H23a1 timing swap?
      Last edited by Fuzzymanbush; 08-01-2015, 02:50 PM.

Comment

I have no way to know. It doesn't fit on there without swapping components, but I also don't know anything about this guy or this car. You're just going to have to see what's on there.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

K thanks and why cant i put attachments up?

Comment

All h23 products are stamped p14. Look at the cam gears. If they say p14 then it's h23. All Jdm f22b dohc products are stamped p2t

my new turbo build

Comment

You can't post attachments because bandwidth is expensive, and you're not the one paying the bills.

The F20A and F22B DOHC both use the same timing belt: 14400-PT2-004 (Not P22, not P2T.)

In fact, they both use the same 12100-PT2-010 head. Therefore, you really just have an F20A. If an H23A1 belt was used, damage may have been done. In fact, damage is likely, as the H23A1 belt has 127 teeth, wheras the correct PT2 belt has 126. One additional tooth makes a BIG difference... and on an interference engine such as yours, that means major internal damage. Unless, of course, H23A1 geared parts were used... and unless you feel like digging up specs and examining what you have, the only person that can tell you what you have is the previous owner. I suggest you call him.

Comment

I fat-fingered that one. It's been changed.

Comment

It's all good. You corrected my misinfo on Facebook earlier

Comment

As long as the crank gear and cam pulleys match, it doesn't matter how many teeth are on the belt. More teeth on the belt just means the belt takes longer to complete a rotation.

Tooth count is important on the timing gears. That's why you use matching crank and cam gears.

Hope that clarifies timing issues.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Pt2

Pt2 is what it says on the cam gears some one should contact me on facebook it would be easier to reply Jallil Fernandez pic has me with long hair and my gf next to me? or my IG cb7_k20dream
                      Last edited by Fuzzymanbush; 08-17-2015, 02:54 PM.

Comment

the head also says PT2

Comment

What more do you need? I answered your question pretty damn thoroughly.

The H23A1 and F22B both use the same 14211-PT2-003 cam gears, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            What more do you need? I answered your question pretty damn thoroughly.
                            You forgot to add pictures.
                            Originally posted by Mishakol129
                            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

My etch-a-sketch is in the shop.

Comment

Working...
                              X