Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22a6 manual transmission LSD conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22a6 manual transmission LSD conversion?

Hey guys, I've had this on my mind for awhile now and I haven't found much info about it so I figured I'd just ask. I have a f22a6 with the stock manual transmission and I've been wondering if there is a way to convert it to LSD. I know they have the LSD prelude trannys but Im interested to see if anyone has done this with the stock f22 transmission. I'm gonna be boosting my car soon and I'd like to keep the longer gears and add LSD if possible. Anyways thanks in advance for any help it is much appreciated!

Yes you can.

Options

Weld - I've never tried it
    Phantom Grip - Don't know anyone whos tried it. But I do plan to give it shot in my Lemons car very soon.
    Aftermarket LSD - Best choice

FYI - Honda LSD will not fit non LSD trannys

Even though these videos are for a B-series tranny, The process is the same

Last edited by Tishock; 05-11-2016, 09:21 PM.

Comment

I had a Quaife LSD in a F22 transmission 10 years ago. Worked great.

Comment

i have a Mfactory in my new build, cant say how good it is(as im still in process of finishing it), but it has all good reviews everywhere. but it is another option

Comment

I also have the mfactory lsd. I didn't get to beat on it too much but i like it's performance. The price was also a factor. Also the current 2nd generation is suppose to be lighter.

Quaife is always a good choice. It worked really well in my brothers 350whp Rado.

Comment

Don't weld it. Slag chips off and ruins gears. Just don't buy OBX and you should be fine. Quaife seems to be the way to go if you can't find a factory transmission.

Comment

I have a Quaiffe in my trans and I love it. They are a bit pricey, but they are worth it! Lifetime warranty is a plus.

I can't speak to the mFactory, but they have good reviews from others...
              Originally posted by Junior Smurff
              Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Ya, i never heard anything good about Phantom Grip LSDs. Mfactory or Quaife FTW.

Comment

Which is odd about the Phantom Grip, I've read a ton of Legend owners have it and have been happy with them. But I think it is literally their only non OEM option.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Phantom Grip isn't really an LSD. It's a step up from welding the diff, essentially. Fairly effective, and good if you're on a budget (and can find one for a decent price), but not likely comparable anything else. I've actually heard pretty good things about the Phantom Grip with upgraded springs.
                    Although I've owned a Phantom Grip for nearly a decade, I never actually got around to installing it.

MFactory and Quaife seem to be the favorites. If OBX still makes one, that's not a bad option either. OBX is really just a reverse-engineering firm (copycat company), but their LSD has had pretty consistent reviews. Especially once they made it to more exact tolerances (the earliest ones had to be rebuilt before they were good.)

Comment

Could you use the H trans for the LSD and swap the gears from the F trans? Or is this too big of a PITA compared to an aftermarket LSD in an F trans?

Comment

If the H case can accept all the F gears, I don't see why not. That seems like a pretty backwards way to do it, though... unless an LSD H trans is readily available (and cheap.) A good aftermarket LSD unit will be superior to the factory LSD, too. And the factory LSD case won't be able to accept an aftermarket upgrade. The factory LSD is larger than the non-LSD.

Comment

What about the Wavetrac? I like their engineering a bit more than the Quaife but I don't know about any real world experience with any of them. I've been thinking of an Mfactory or Wavetrac for a bit of cheatyness in my race car

http://www.moserengineering.com/part...309-170wk.html

Oh and how is the install of an LSD? I've installed LSDs in rear diffs in RWD cars before but never in a FWD transaxle. Is it difficult to split the case and all that?

Comment

Originally posted by aventari View Post
                            Oh and how is the install of an LSD? I've installed LSDs in rear diffs in RWD cars before but never in a FWD transaxle. Is it difficult to split the case and all that?
                            See videos I posted earlier, its the same process. You could look up my Swap Chronicles thread. I have videos there

Comment

I haven't watched the videos, but I did discuss the process with a friend, and he mentioned that the annoying part can be shimming the unit to fit properly. I don't know if that applies to all mentioned, but he spoke of it as something that is often discovered as a surprise to people trying it their first time. I don't have any experience to offer legitimate help there, but it might be a good thing to look into before you're elbows deep in transmission bits.

Comment

Working...
                              X