Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 swap obd1 or obd2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming from both platforms the h is great parts are cheap but they are being snatched up alot doing a h2b streetcar which is made for gearing to meet the h22's needs but the only issue you will run into is the gas unless you switch its gears somewhat to help counteract that.

With a k-series anything you mess up you'll pay money out the ass for parts. They cost a decent grip tot he point to where you'll be like man this swap cost me and this most or is costing me.

I got dudes who have 5 transmissions just sitting because they messed it up and would rather buy a used transmission rather just getting the ones they have rebuilt trying to cheap out. Don't be that person because you'll be raped if you do.

Comment

After having a prelude and my current accord, I know many honda transmissions are junk. My accord has the dreaded 3rd gear synchro factory defect. I combat it most times with a quick flip like I am shifting to 4th and back up to 3rd. Rarely gives me a problem. I had an issue with my prelude from a "certified" mechanic. Car needed a clutch 6 months after I bought it(previous owner hotrodded it/had intake, exhaust, short shift adapter(hated that) when bought). Mechanic had me park it on side of garage until morning. He couldn't get it into gear to move so he revved it up and jammed it into gear. A little more than a year later, had to do an entire clutch all over. Ended up finding a tool of his in the transmission. Had to rebuild the entire synchro set with synchrotech gears. He also retarded the plastic screw in the throttle body which caused the IACV to fail. I know the next prelude transmission will be synchrotech equipped. Meant to say that the civic/prelude races were 06-11 k20 Si civics.

My accord has a jdm Fujitsubo exhaust, one of 2 or 3 made specifically for the car(not a kit like magnaflow).

The other thing is trying to find a k24 6 speed tsx swap. Only know of 1 and they want $2400 for it, but that is the same $ as a H22 euro r swap.

I just hate all the modification that I have read is needed for it to work.

I don't want to turbo if @ all possible. I might give the K24 more of a look. 300 out of a NA swap is very appealing. Completely overlooked mjsstanley's post about the k24 power, sorry. Anybody know of a k24 6 speed swap that is available?
      Last edited by Jarrett; 11-06-2016, 01:47 AM.

Comment

You're going to spend a LOT of money to get even 250whp from an N/A H22A. Your plans would probably do it (and if you're looking into JUN, I assume you're well aware of the cost.) Still, a 250whp CB7 would be slower than a modern Mustang GT... probably in the low-13-second quarter mile range. Not too shabby, considering what it is... but given the money it would take to get you there...
        It depends on what you want, though. If you want a fun car, and money is no object, that'll do it. If you want a fast car, turbo is a MUCH better way to get there. Turbo will be cheaper overall. It'll offer more flexibility, and far greater power potential (for when you want more... you won't have hit the ceiling, as with an N/A build.) If you put JUN H22A money into a turbo F22A, you could be making 800whp with a boost-by-gear setup that would help overcome low-speed traction issues.

As for the K24, it is a superior engine to the H22A. I prefer the H22A myself, but for non-performance reasons. I prefer how it looks in the bay. I prefer having a "period correct" engine (I feel the CB7 should've come with the H22 from the factory!) I prefer the defined VTEC crossover.
        Speaking of the VTEC crossover, the iVTEC system is far more effective. The H22's crossover is only defined because Honda's engineers set the crossover RPM high, so the "kick" would be felt. That actually results in a dip in the powerband just before the crossover occurs. Stock is around 5200-5400. The ideal crossover is around 4800 on a stock H22A... and it is barely felt or heard at that point. A seamless transition is best for power delivery, and iVTEC provides that much better than the original flavor. It just doesn't "kick in, yo"... which, while better for performance, takes away some of the thrill.

Comment

I agree on H22 choice from factory. I would prefer my car to be more period correct than the hottest/newest. I am looking @ period correct wheels. The only reason I am wanting to swap knuckles is because almost all I want are impossible to find in 4x114.3. Also looking @ period correct aerodynamic pieces.

Not looking for a drag car and definitely won't be taking on any new mustangs. I have a coworker who has a 15 with a twin turbo setup. Also have a few coworkers with some imports that think they are hot as hell. Wanting more of a car that if downshifted on highway can takeoff.

Have one guy who has an 84 celica that he believes is the fastest car around.

Unfortunately, the F22 is a no go. I want VTEC. I want to feel a kick, even if it is puny from the K24.
          Last edited by mysticskyline; 11-06-2016, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X