Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Window problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window problem

Everytime I open the front windows and close them the glass gets out of place it leave a gap between the rubber strips so i usualy open the door to guide the window so it wont get out of place.

mine did the same thing. there is a little bolt that fits through the top of the window and guides it along a little groove behind the glass. you have to take the glass and trim out to do it, but it's a fairly simple fix

Comment

I have the same problem but its just the drivers side. I have to hold it and guide the window with my hands.

Comment

i actually have the same problem sometimes...i think its cause my weather stripping is old and is kind of displaced. i think the only real solution would be to get new weather stripping around the door, but thats kind of pricy and a bother..
        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Bud
          mine did the same thing. there is a little bolt that fits through the top of the window and guides it along a little groove behind the glass. you have to take the glass and trim out to do it, but it's a fairly simple fix
          That's only on the coupe. The sedan doesn't have that.

I'm having the same problem in my sedan, but I haven't had the time or money to fix it as it's pretty much a minor inconvenience...
          Originally posted by Junior Smurff
          Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

My 91 dx Sedan has the window problem on the drivers side

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
              i actually have the same problem sometimes...i think its cause my weather stripping is old and is kind of displaced. i think the only real solution would be to get new weather stripping around the door, but thats kind of pricy and a bother..
              I agree. On my weather stripping i see like a tear half way up. And when roll up the window, the window goes straight through the tear.

Comment

First, take off your door panel. Then loosen the track bolts, put up your window, once its up tighten the bolts down.
                One other thing to look for is your window rubber strip, make sure its lubricated. Try using silicone spray to lube it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bud
                  my passenger window has that lil bolt hanging up the window. wont go completely down unless you hit it, lol. never even looked at it from outside but is there a way to tighten it up?

Comment

my drivers side window does the same thing, thanks for some info

Comment

Originally posted by Gato-FF
                      First, take off your door panel. Then loosen the track bolts, put up your window, once its up tighten the bolts down.
                      One other thing to look for is your window rubber strip, make sure its lubricated. Try using silicone spray to lube it.
                      i changed the whole regulator with motor thinking thats what had gone bad..and lo and behold, it made it worse ...but i think it only made it worse cuz i had my dad help me and i kinda rushed in putting it all back together and mighta forgotten to tighten the bolts up all the way... .hey shit happens..i was too excited cuz i wanted to get inside to make my extra set of headlights to blackhouse them lol...one day imma take it off again and try to adjust it from there..we'll see what happens..pe@ce love and chicken grease from the middle east...

Comment

o.k check it out .....my window was doing the samething so once i got tried of hold the window as i roll it up i went to the dealers and got a window plug it only costs $14 and its easy to install just remove the rubber that covers the screws roll the window down insert the plug threw the hole on the window and snap into the rubber lining than screw on very thight and WAALAA its fix it may shake here and there but at least its on ........i hope that helped out

EDIT: my bad thats if there is no plug now as for everything else....just replace it

Comment

thank u guys yeah have been very helpfull

Comment

Working...
                          X