Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

still drinking PS fluid like heck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DjSpeedy
    Take this time to unhook it and get rid of it. That way no more leak and you will free up a pony or two.
    Once again agreed. The power steering on my car locked up on me not to long ago. Left a nice cloud of smoke behind me. So i just decided to get rid of it all together and call it a day.
    Get'em tough get'em boosted. Start Boosting at a Young Age.

Comment

Here's what I noticed. I noticed that it leaks, but it doesn't totally empty out. It's like it stays low at the pipe level or something. I will get some pics.
      hahahahah

Comment

I have same problem,
        i fill up power steering rack, leak over night? not fully thought.
        just like the previous post

( noticed that it leaks, but it doesn't totally empty out. It's like it stays low at the pipe level )

where could the leak be?

Comment

Dry everything, fill up and see where its comin from. If you can see it on the floor you can see it in the undercarriage. Check the piping around your PS hoses on the rack. Look for where the leak is mainly at on the ground and look up from there. And as for removing PS if you remove it and its leaking from the rack you just decided to put money into buying a new one. WHenever removing PS you want a lubed rack thats looped not one thats dry and leaking.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Ok...Not to jack this guys tread, but is it hard to just remove the power steering and just go with out it, and if so, what are the bad out comes of it?

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

I listed this in some other thread. Just take off the belt as everyone does and see if you like it or not. If you do just loop the rack and you should be fine.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i have that same problem n i know why now cuz of my right boot is busted anyone knows how much would it cost to it get fix also do i have to get a new axle or fix the present one

Comment

I really don't want to thread jack but my p/s leaks and I topped off the tank once with penzoil power steering and not specific honda power steering am I screwed or can I still salvage my power steering parts?
                  I look...You look
                  I rev...You rev
                  I win...You lose

vspooled

Comment

Originally posted by Sector8Customz
                    I really don't want to thread jack but my p/s leaks and I topped off the tank once with penzoil power steering and not specific honda power steering am I screwed or can I still salvage my power steering parts?
                    you should be fine ofcourse depending on condition of ps system,i used non honda pS fluid for aobut 3-4 times till i finally learned from forum not to use it
                    and am still fine.

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
                    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

Phew that's great news cause I knew it was suposed to be honda fluid only but I was kind of in a bind and needed P/S fluid lol. This h22 swap has cost a lot of money and I'd hate to have to add *fix power steering to the list lol
                      I look...You look
                      I rev...You rev
                      I win...You lose

vspooled

Comment

go feel ur boots on your power steering rack, if it feels as if there is weight in it then thats where ur fluid is...the fluid has to go somewhere...

sometimes u can poke it with a toothpic and if fluid comes out then thats where ur leak is....
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I have a similar issue with mine.....my leak is definately in the rack though......and it pours out like no tommorrow.....the car is not going anywhere till its replaced....just one of the many issues with my honda

i hear changing out a rack is a serious PITA.....anyone done this

Get your OEM Accord Arm Rest here!!!

1993 Honda accord coupe 5 spd.
                          2000 Ford F-150 supercab 2wd
                          1997 Sea-Doo GSX

Comment

my power steering isnt leaking at all but I changed the fluid cause its hard to steer and I bouhgt bardhaul?? made for honda ps fluid its the only non oem fluid I've seen in the stores it seems to work better now

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Working...
                            X