Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22/DSM turbo set up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22/DSM turbo set up?

Ok so I read somewhere on here about how the turbo system from a DSM will, for the most part, bolt on to an f22 engine. Before I bring this idea up to my dad I need to know a few more details.
    How hard and involved is the install?
    Does it greatly affect the gas mileage of the vehicle?
    Has anyone on this forum actually done this before?
    What kind of supporting modifications will be required? (i.e. fuel injectors and the like)
    What kind of performance gain will I see?
    Approximately how much money will be spent in this endeavor?
    An engine swap is out of the question unfortunately, so I am stuck with an F22A1 under the hood. Thanks for the help before hand, and please, keep the smart remarks to a bare minimum. Oh yeah, I am 17 and the car is a father-son project and he is going to help pay for everything (probably 50-50 or something) so I need to make this idea as palatable as possible. Thanks again.

->gofaster<-
    1992 Honda Accord DX
    Coupe 5spd
    2.2 liter I-4 (code: F22a1)
    125hp @5200 rpm 137 lb/ft @4000 rpm

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Age is no excuse for anything. But onto your questions

The dsm manifold will bolt up, with modifications to the holes. Injectors, ecu, BOV, intercooler, turbo, manifold, oil lines, intercooler pipes is what you need to have. Depending on which turbo depends on how much power you'll have, even with a t25 i wouldn't expect anything less then 175whp. Dozens of members including myself have done or have a dsm setup. You can spend anywhere from 1000-3000 on this setup, depending on what you buy.Pretty straight forward install, read Accord r33 turbo install stick under the forced induction section
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

will the intercooler and piping interfere with alot of stuff?
      also what about oiling the turbo, I've heard that in some turbo kits you need to drill a hole in the block, is this the case here?
      and finally before I go to bed, will this kind of kit affect the driveability of the car. Lots of lag and/or spinning the tires off of idle are both not desirable. Part of the deal with this project is that the car cannot need detailed instructions to drive it. Also, will this require a step-up to premium gas or can I get away with regular unleaded?
      1992 Honda Accord DX
      Coupe 5spd

(\__/)
      (O.o )
      (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

no hole in block.. but u do have to put a hole in ur oil pan for the return line (thats feeding the turbo) oil has to go back into the oilpan to recycle itself..

secondly.. the car wont need an instructions besides.. if u floor it.. it will go fast.. if u drive it like normal.. then like normal it is..

and yes.. u will have to up the gas up to 93.. thats the only real change is the power and the gas octane..

<3 -ivie- <3

Comment

When is full boost attained in a set-up like this that keeps all stock parts and a smallish intercooler?
          1992 Honda Accord DX
          Coupe 5spd

(\__/)
          (O.o )

Comment

you will have to grind part of the block with dsm kits.
            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

I have been doing research trying to find the right turbo kit for my car. I want to make 250 to 300 wheel horsepower in my prelude. I have the f22 that is why i have been cruising the accord sites. First i thought about the 14b setup, but i was told that this particular setup doesn't work well with low boost levels, since i am trying to keep the bottome end stock. So this is my question, what turbo am i going to need to run in order to make 250 but no more then 300? I was also told that the t series garrett works well with the low boost i was looking to run. So does anyone here know anything at all about this. i am so confused right now about this. Thanks for the help

Comment

Don't thread jack

big 16g could make those numbers. t3/t4 combos could make those numbers
                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

what are you talking about thread jacking???? i dont see where you are coming from. i have an f22 and i want to know the best combo just like every other person that has to post 30 plus times in order to post somewhere else on this site. it is not thread jacking if i have nowhere else to post this!

Comment

Originally posted by htswmr6
                    what are you talking about thread jacking???? i dont see where you are coming from.
                    you're going off on something else, aka your car. you did not make the thread, therefore it is not about you.

Comment

what are you talking about thread jacking???? i dont see where you are coming from. i have an f22 and i want to know the best combo just like every other person that has to post 30 plus times in order to post somewhere else on this site. it is not thread jacking if i have nowhere else to post this!
                      whoa buddy calm the nerves. you coulda just started yur own thread

^^^ Please "Like" & Follow!^^^

IG - @WerdWerx

1990 Accord EX Coupe - Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by gofaster
                        When is full boost attained in a set-up like this that keeps all stock parts and a smallish intercooler?
                        With a relatively small turbo (8-10psi for the DSM, right?), power gain will be seen from 2500-6500rpm (guess).

Wheel spinning shouldn't be too much of a problem as the little bit of lag you'll get will help get rid of that, too. Lag shouldn't be hugely noticeable.
                        93 EXR
                        In the works ^.^

Todo:
                        Blower Unit replacement
                        Climate Control Knob replacement
                        Deck install
                        SRI install
                        New Brake Pads
                        Rotor regrind
                        Wheel polishing
                        New struts (?)
                        New springs

Comment

i know i could have started my own thread and i am not trying to take this one over. gofaster and i are both looking for the samething. which setup is right for our car? i was just saying that i have heard that the 16g is a better turbo to go with. Both turbos are dsm turbos so i figured it would fit with the thread sorry.

Comment

understand what you are talking about before you react. And did i still not answer your question. damn.

As far as spooling, 14b is near instant, I can see boost by 1500, 16g would be a bit more, but has very similiar spool and flows better up top, much better turbo suited for f22s.

14b torque falls off at 4500rpm, hp falls off around 5300rpms on my setup. Chokes big time
                            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

yes you did. thanks for the info, i am sure gofaster also appreciates it too, since it also pertains to him.

Comment

Working...
                              X