Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

crank but no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crank but no start

Hi i recently purchased a 91 accord and it has no spark it cranks over but no start i’ve put a new distributor in and all the coils and spark plugs but still nothing i also here no click for the fuel pump but i’ve replaced that too i also changed the main relay for the fuel pump and still nothing. when i got the car there was a yellow wiring harness ripped off that goes under the dash not sure if it’s important the harness has grey wires wrapped in a plastic yellow protective shield. fuel went through and spat out of some place near the distributor not sure where from but i tightened a bolt and still nothing.

wiring looks like the yellow one shown in the picClick image for larger version

Name:	CA2CDCD5-000A-4AE7-BDAF-465D9075F867.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	4980733

Comment

Yellow wiring/loom is for SRS = airbags. If one is using an aftermarket steering wheel then they need to unplug this cable and use a resistor to make the light go out in the dash. I wouldn't worry about it. Won't cause a no start.
      If you said fuel pump is not getting power then that's where ya start. Lights work, assuming other stuff has power? If you pulled the fuel pump already did you check the voltage on those wires? Also, check your grounds.

Comment

• cb7alex!
        cb7alex! commented
        Editing a comment
        how would i go about testing the voltage on the wires and is there a diagram to show all the ground locations? would i also need to buy a tester for the grounds?

Did you buy it with a no start issue? Or did it run and now it doesn't?
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Ya, you need a manual for all of this stuff. But the main ground off the battery and the transmission ground. And ya, do your interior lights work etc?

Comment

yea i bought it with a no start issue but the guy that was working on it got sent to prison and his family wanted the car out of the yard he put lots of new original parts on it his family said one day it just didn’t want to start after they stopped at the store. The lights inside don’t seem to be working besides the dash and the windows but not all windows or locks work i think it might be a electrical issue which i’m not too sure how to fix myself. I have the funds to restore the whole vehicle so i might send it to get fixed if i don’t find a solution myself.

Comment

I would check the battery negative terminal and make sure it’s tight, I would then make sure that the engine harness ground is secured and tight on the thermostat.(it is located just under where the bottom radiator hose connects to the block). Though stating your interior lights don’t work, makes me wonder if the inside fuse holder is fried.

is the check engine light on?
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

• cb7alex!
              cb7alex! commented
              Editing a comment
              that’s one thought i had because the negative terminal looks rough i might try getting a new terminal and see if that works and the engine harness ground is a bit rusty not sure if that’ll affect the usefulness of it. Yes the check engine light is on i was thinking about switching the ecu to see if that somehow fixes it.

You need to check the codes.
            https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/forum/...nd-s-d4-errors

that will point us in the right direction.
            ~Nick~

Comment

• cb7alex!
              cb7alex! commented
              Editing a comment
              still don’t got no fuel pump response i reassembled the whole assembly 150 dollars later but still nothing but i got the inside lights to works and all the outside lights etc. everything seems to be working fine except it just won’t start.

i checked the codes but the check engine light just stayed still, no flash at all and after i unplugged the wire the check engine light no longer came on it seems to have disappeared so now i have no check engine light not sure what to do.

Comment

If it stayed on solid then that's a bad ecu. You mentioned you changed your main relay? Still not starting? Do you have spark? Do you know what the previous owner did to the car prior to you owning it?
              ~Nick~

Comment

• cb7alex!
                cb7alex! commented
                Editing a comment
                i haven’t got to checking for spark but one thing the previous owner did was change the ignition key switch but im not sure if that’ll cause any problems but not i can’t unlock my doors cause i only have the keys for the ignition.
            Working...
            X