Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB7 No Spark TCU Codes 3,7,8 Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 No Spark TCU Codes 3,7,8 Need Help

Hi all. I need some help from you guys. About a month ago my CB7 with 75k miles started having trouble starting in cold weather, especially after refueling. It got to the point where I was stuck and unable to start it back up. I got it home with the help of some starting fluid where it remains dead in my driveway. Now im getting no spark but the motor still cranks. I replaced the battery for good measure and distributor because i had oil leaking from it but still no spark. My TCU is throwing codes 3,7,and 8. I suspect my old battery might have shorted when trying to jump it and maybe shorted some sensors in the car? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also replaced the Main Fuel Relay after thinking it could be that but still nothing.

TCU CODE LIST

1-Lock-up solenoid 'A' circuit open or shorted.
    2-Lock-up solenoid 'B' circuit open or shorted.
    3-Throttle Position Sensor circuit open or shorted.
    4-Vehicle Speed Sensor open or shorted - No signal from speedometer.
    5-Shift Lever Position Switch circuit shorted.
    6-Shift Lever Position Switch circuit open.
    7-Shift Solenoid 'A' circuit open or shorted.
    8-Shift Solenoid 'B' circuit open or shorted.
    9-Counter shaft or transmission speed pulse generator open or shorted.
    10-Coolant Temperature Sensor open or shorted.
    11-Engine RPM (Ignition coil signal) open or shorted.
    12-(No code 12 used)
    13-Main shaft speed pulse generator open or shorted.
    14-Linear (line pressure control) solenoid open or shorted.
    15-Kick down switch circuit shorted.

Besides the TCU issue it sounds like you have no fuel pressure. ie - fuel pump going bad. Ever check it?

Comment

Thanks man, I think you're right i replaced the main fuel relay but it seems it might be the fuel pump giving me some problems. Any advice on tracing those TCU codes?

Comment

Those TCU codes likely mean one of two things: you need a new TPS and new solenoids… or your TCU is bad.

If you’re handy with a soldering iron, or know someone that is, pull the TCU. Crack it open and inspect for bad capacitors. They are known to fail with age. Reflow the solder joints. It can likely be saved.
        If you’re not good with that stuff, you can send it out to be repaired, or just buy a replacement.

Comment

Working...
        X