Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

She's a thirsty girl (Fixing oil leaks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's a thirsty girl (Fixing oil leaks)

Click image for larger version

Name:	hXn-GIs2igaEzpqiWr3pl3josg-EfE7M_Sfv139xc9MaoVIkkgP8xtxXD9NBW54JmfDiWX9Q6Jsv-Vp456w2xsF22jabBQ1k4DQ59jJ70_YuKvdmlG7_cK-cnVwt1I-ZT7Ff4QCANlpr7RG5skDAT_4NXZkRD0iF5u4F5ubGL3HlfwEbx8bxJFMSCRegruTycBLjopZ7_gIex-7bL-QIAhSt42dUQv0fL52buM9FQJkmX-pZDXNMpU4iSIl5fbi
Views:	93
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	4983739

Name:	TZQQuQc9uKHNOjgeHxGwGsziAGqoe8fpa37Sb5yz4nSh8Dchfcae6hE9rJTrRSXAZT2YLVbissLlN-9LmBbA7xupRz3pzaejrDCtEJaCf08rT8TM70xPG1vprj1sCvhbXlrWaMsI0OsqvwHTDcD0QFE0B43Lhep4OoAq1tXRRFfw-UExBaUy1zdfcakMc86L5uR7jO_4Zm6XHE3RFFulz2MuO5_QcnfoH7dPRXbsvjHulxYq18kxPH4JXegXeLl
Views:	62
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	4983740

Name:	zdqc70kNG1R2Lgq4pT5FyNQiQvfhvyMgiyjKRLtO-BENgkqGHSMDdOV_GT96DytiwlHr0fUwGVLNJZjuPv-t-wS8yL_r7so90gmtBabT36cBMdV94sJ7_1QGGvrMe0Hj68ioJDQsfvnyBJ1oMVLJXcIszFrJclhH49E4RG9Dc1cIM4YabGvh_eEuijNdHFN_tOk8KNp2Sv4jIUqdB2O2Fc6d5nGmBSHtmIV-5PRtSYhQAUt05jJVgo2JJvkGthm
Views:	67
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	4983741
    So I have a few oil leaks. I'm trying to take care of them all as I need to add about a quart of oil every 2 weeks (about every 1000 miles, as it's my daily driver). I'm not sure what this sensor under the distributor is but it looks like it's leaking. Any advice on what it is?

Also my transmission just started feeling "sticky" going in and out of gear. It felt like this maybe 6 months ago, fluid was low, so I drained and filled the manual trans with 10w-30 like the manual says. I read elsewhere that you should only use honda manual transmission fluid. I have 3 quarts coming and I'm gonna change it but it looks like it's leaking out of that top cylinder there? I believe it's the master cylinder?

The oily looking connector in the 3rd pic seems to indicate that you have a leaky O-ring where the distributor interfaces with the camshaft. Replacing that should resolve that particular leak.
    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Thats interesting... my '90 also leaks like seave.... I was guessing that it had to do with the spark plug tower orings, which by now at 33 years old, are probably like goo and wont seal a thing.
      There's a guy on YT ... Eric the car guy, that shows the procedure to change them out. This may not be the problem and is a first step, but oil is leaking out of the valve cover gasket too, and I already changes that once before.....
      And @SSMAccord... thanks for the distributor oring replacement suggestion too.

Transmission.... I have the automatic and also recently the shift lever is getting really sticky to put in gear. Havent figured out a fix yet.

Comment

I did my spark plug o-rings (the ones under the rocker arm assembly) not too long ago and that seemed to make things much better. Best way to check is to yank your coils and see if there is oil on the ends. Did my valve cover gasket at the same time and haven't had an issue with that since. Just got the seals/gaskets to re-do the distributor because I have the same issue as you. Never done timing before so that's the bit that really worries me. There are a few walkthroughs on the DIY maintenance page that are pretty comprehensive.

Comment

Working...
        X