Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cb7 tranny swap... auto to stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The auto-5spd swap isn't really all that difficult, the hardest parts in my experience are installing the pedals, shifter assembly and guage cluster...if you have ever dropped a tranny, then it's not going to be that hard. My first 5spd swap was in an EG civic, took 5 hours...but, I've been doing this for a while and can drop a trans and have a new one up in under 2 hours on a lift...3 hours on the floor with jack stands...so....ummm good luck?

-Kyle
    SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
    -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

thanx for all the help guys
      Upgrade your mind before you upgrade your car

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

GL!!!

I wanted to do this to mine but its not worth it to me. Id rather keep it mostly stock and just fix it up and make it look really nice and buy a 5spd down the road and make that the beast

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
          GL!!!

I wanted to do this to mine but its not worth it to me. Id rather keep it mostly stock and just fix it up and make it look really nice and buy a 5spd down the road and make that the beast
          well IMO i think its worth it cause doing the swap lets you get more familiar with your car and also more knowledge swapping out trannys and plus its cheaper than buying a new Cb7
          ________
          Lovely Wendie99
          Last edited by Davids92Accord; 04-09-2011, 03:34 AM.

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
          "2SIIC"
          Authentic Jerseys for sale
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

can anyone give me an answer, how do you align the clutch? what do you align it against.....is it pretty simple once you are actually doing it? also the flywheel im gettin has no timing marks.....i have no idea what to do about that, since i dont have a stock 5spd flywheel to compare it to?
            1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

do you have a clutch aligning kit ?? if you do then i think thats all you need
              ________
              Herbalaire Vaporizer 2.1
              Last edited by Davids92Accord; 04-09-2011, 03:36 AM.

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
              "2SIIC"
              Authentic Jerseys for sale
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

it comes with the clutch, just not sure how to use it lol
                1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Comment

you just stick it in the hole, once the clutch and pressure plate are in place it should be apparent to you what to do. I assume that you just leave the alignment tool in place while you tourqe down the pressure plate, at least that is what ill be doing tomarrow when my bolts show up. The swap isnt that hard but i reccomend making sure you have everything before you start so that you dont have to wait on crap like i did. today marks the beggining of the third week my accord has been down for that very reason.
                  spin city

Comment

ya ill make sure i got everything, plus i got an 85 accord as a beater parts getter so its not a big deal if i dont have everything.

What sockets/special tools do i need? I know the drill bit i need, but it says u need a TAP also....for 10x1.25mm, is a tap the "drill bit" that creates a thread for the bolt?

thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                    X