Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Anyone tried a p12 ecu in their accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d112crzy
    That box, along with the ecu, make the IAB's open up at a certain rpm.
    Without it, the IAB's will open around 4k, WOT.
    CB7Man,
    I doubt they add more fuel, considering most Honda's ecu's run rich anyways.
    My guess would be that they went more aggressive on the timing.
    Honda retards timing A LOT on all it's cars, especially down low.

so all i have to do is take off that vaccuum valve on the side of the upper plenum and they'll open up on their own?

i think ima try that thing about the p12. i want to see what kind of boost in performance i can get.

Comment

what kind of boost will this add with a i/h/e?

Comment

Originally posted by moe
        what kind of boost will this add with a i/h/e?

if you have the p12 ECU, f22a6 intake manifold, aftermarket headers, and exhaust, you should be around the 145-150 area that year prelude comes with 135hp but the only difference is the ECU(so everyone on this thread has said )

Comment

[QUOTE=Kurobei]

I can see this ecu mod might help A1 and A4 motors, but this probably won't gain a whole lot on a A6 intake manifold equipped vehicle. Maybe on low-end but on highend it may kill a A6's power. If the P12 controls the butterflies as well then hey.

how about the p12 ecu on the 92 ex 5speed f22a6 motor?
          my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
          MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei

I can see this ecu mod might help A1 and A4 motors, but this probably won't gain a whole lot on a A6 intake manifold equipped vehicle. Maybe on low-end but on highend it may kill a A6's power. If the P12 controls the butterflies as well then hey.
            Originally posted by peteypete
            how about the p12 ecu on the 92 ex 5speed f22a6 motor?

well like he said, if the p12 controls the IABs then itll work. but th p12 works thee f22a1 motor. there arent any IABs on the f22a1. sorry buckko

Comment

I don't believe the P12 would control the butterflies. The Prelude motor is an F22A1. I have no firsthand experience with the SOHC Prelude, so I can't say for certain, but I would think F22A1 means F22A1... as we know it.

Also, the P12's programming may respond differently to I/H/E than the PT3 or PT6. It sounds reasonable to asssume that you'd gain 10hp over the PT3 in an F22A1 no matter what, but it's entirely possible that I/H/E would cause a richer condition with the PT3, and therefore possibly even cause a loss of power (this is unlikely, but one possible scenario)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                I don't believe the P12 would control the butterflies. The Prelude motor is an F22A1. I have no firsthand experience with the SOHC Prelude, so I can't say for certain, but I would think F22A1 means F22A1... as we know it.

Also, the P12's programming may respond differently to I/H/E than the PT3 or PT6. It sounds reasonable to asssume that you'd gain 10hp over the PT3 in an F22A1 no matter what, but it's entirely possible that I/H/E would cause a richer condition with the PT3, and therefore possibly even cause a loss of power (this is unlikely, but one possible scenario)

well ima go get me a p12 ECU and get a tune sometime in january. ive been thinking about getting a dyno run in just to see what my numbers would be. so ill definitely post up my findings. plus im turning into a picture whore anyway. lol.

but i see what your getting at Deev. is it because the p12 ECU runs the Prelude rich that it gets that 10hp boost?

Comment

Running rich would decrease power. The P12 probably has more advanced timing and possibly a slightly leaner mixture. It's unlikely that you'd lose power with mods, but I'm more familiar with how the pt3 and pt6 respond to such things.

And you say you're getting a p12 AND a tune? How?

Comment

Running rich would decrease power. The P12 probably has more advanced timing and possibly a slightly leaner mixture. It's unlikely that you'd lose power with mods, but I'm more familiar with how the pt3 and pt6 respond to such things.

And you say you're getting a p12 AND a tune? How?
                    lol. my bad. not a tune. but a dyno run to see what kind of boost it gives. lol. how well it responds to mods and such. would an adjustable cam gear need ECU tuning?

Comment

It wouldn't need it, but it could benefit from it.

Comment

It wouldn't need it, but it could benefit from it.
                        i just figured i could squeeze an extra 2 or 3hp from a adj. cam gear. lol. so with out a IM swap i could be working on getting my f22a1 up to f22a6 power

I/H/E and that ECU should put me around 140 right? i just want to make sure i get my numbers right and not steer wrong anyone who looks at this thread. how much would a regrinded cam give me?

Comment

you won't gain anything with an adjustable cam gear. You'll only move the power band around.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

you won't gain anything with an adjustable cam gear. You'll only move the power band around.

oh ok. thanx for clearing that up for me man. didnt want to spend that extra money on something thats not going to be needed right now. wheres the power band for the cb7s anyway?

Comment

~3.5-5.2k ish. depends on how healthy it is and which trim you have.

mines 5k to 8k

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

~3.5-5.2k ish. depends on how healthy it is and which trim you have.

mines 5k to 8k

lol. bcause you have the f22b dont you? you bastard. lol.

i have the LX trim level. and the f22a1. i wont be getting the a6 intake manifold now. ill stick with mine. i just may get the TB bored out and clean out the IM. lol. maybe even a regrind. would that work with the base map of the p12 ECU?

Comment

Working...
                                X