Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

bloody rusty bolts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bloody rusty bolts.

Tomorrow I will continue a journey I started a few days ago, when I was excited to start the preventitive maintenence on my 92 lx. Where better to start than the basic fluid changes?

Apparently 14 year old bolts that have never moved or were tightened to twelve times the appropriate torque settings are nearly impossible to break loose. I am roommates with the Hulk, and he tore His Knuckles up trying to break this thing free! Apparently God Himself put my transmission oil drain bolt and my header (14mm) bolts on when he created the... well all He created.

I have prayed much about this and the answer were these forums and the people who run them. I have bought some penetrating oil to soak my fingers and these bolts in tomorrow after work. If you ladies and gentlemen have any advice besides the most obvious," Stop being a freaking SISSY!", I will gladly accept it. Thanks for reading, and I am glad to have found this site.
    '92 LX.
    JDM H22a.

My Member's Ride Thread

Sold to: tysCb7, johnD1079, AccordHybrid92, GUA-D'zCb-7, judonoh, DriftProjectR, AeyJayCB7, C91BLX7, H23CB7

welcome to the site...

use wd-40? maybe that will help out...

hope someone will add in...

Comment

PB Blaster and a breaker bar work wonders sometimes.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05

x2 i can vouch for that, even a cheater bar if you have one

Comment

pb blaster tap the bolts then pb blaster and then tap the bolts.

if you don't have a breaker bar just use a pipe but nothing more than 18" long. you don't want to shear the head.

MY RIDE

Comment

i have a 2' pipe that i use for almost anything. i have never not been able to get a bolt off.

i also have a 6' pipe for things like the axle nut

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

<----- professional tech (ford) some kind of pentrant, a breaker bar a small ball pein hammer in the trany bolt case you don't want to damage the pn any more than the over torqued bolt has if all else fails use heat or cold, by heat i don't mean hold a bic up to it for a few minutes i mean use a small torch only hit the bolt head and then tap it as soon as you take the heat away. if still a no go, try cold, go to store get a can of that air duster for computers, turn canister upside down and spray til the bolt starts "smaoking" from the temp change tehn again rap it good with the small hammer. but breaker bars are your freind, it's all about leverage, maybe have the hulk do the wrenchin while you hold the tool to the bolt.
              My other ride is your ex-wife

Comment

i too use breaker bar and pipes for leverage on hard to get bolts

leverage owns
                Members Ride

Comment

stop being a sissy!
                  DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                    ^^^^ x3 Always worked for me. A good ol' breaker bar can do the trick as well.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Soak the bolts with PB Blaser, or Liquid Wrench. WD40 really wont do anything for them.

Comment

sometimes Ill put the wrench on the bolt and smack the end of the wrench with a hammer. this is what i do if I can get a long extension on for some reason. bolts that I cannont get off, i get the shop right down the road to knock em loose with a impact wrench.
                        spin city

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz
                          WD40 really wont do anything for them.
                          So true. All it does is round off the bolt and make the socket slide off the bolt itself or thats what has happened to me. PB blaster hasnt yet so yea.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

sit and stare at the bolt for along time and something will eventually come up that u will try, or just starting saying shit alot while trying 2 bust it loose, the shit 1 works alot fo the time for me

Comment

Originally posted by handsoff012
                              sit and stare at the bolt for along time and something will eventually come up that u will try, or just starting saying shit alot while trying 2 bust it loose, the shit 1 works alot fo the time for me

^^^^lol

also. wd40 might as well be water with a kick.

MY RIDE

Comment

Working...
                              X