Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ball joint question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ball joint question

hey guys i was doing a break replacement and i found out that all of my ball joints? were shot. i have the pics too. i went to autozone and they told me that i had to replace the whole control arm and every thing. i just want to know if i could just replace the ball joints?

Originally posted by yeamans17
    well lower ball joints you can replace just the ball joint, the joint on your tie rod end you might as well replace the tie rod ends, and the uppers i'm not sure i just replaced the whole control arms themselves because it seemed easier than pounding out the ball joint
    yup what he said and u do hafta replace the upper control arm for that upper joint
    My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Another option is getting a ball joint camber kit is really worth it if you plan to lower you car. I have the ingalls and they rock plus i killed two birds with one stone cus my ball joints were shot and i also needed a camber kit. Not to mention they were only like $160. bucks or so, frankley i dont remember what i gave for them. But it was cheeper than getting new honda oem upper control arms. It might take ya 30mins to an hour to install them your self, Then go get an alignment. Good luck.

Comment

so i can get a camber kit for the top and replace the two bottom ones? is there just the three or is there another one i should be looking for?

Comment

you got 2 upper ball joints one per upper control arm. and you have 2 lowers.
          You can save a alot of money doing this your self.

Comment

im sorry i guess im just confused. so the one in the top pic is an upper ball joint. the other two pics r the lower ball joints. so were is this other ball joint?

Comment

Upper Control arm This is the upper control arm with ball joint. This is the balljoint camber kit to replace the oem ball joint..

lower ball joint here> lower ball joint its on the bottom right behind the rotor.... Hope this helps.

Comment

o gotcha i get it now

Comment

Originally posted by mrmcnotbuff
                  im sorry i guess im just confused. so the one in the top pic is an upper ball joint. the other two pics r the lower ball joints. so were is this other ball joint?
                  The other one is the ball joint on the tie rod. it is also very important. Replace those as well.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                  JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Armcan on ebay .. that guy has stellar deals on balljoints and shit.

Comment

u should be ight my is shit bust too been drivin like that for almost a year now car is lower too up to u!

Comment

yeah i just learned from my mechanic that told me my ball joints were shot. that would explain why my car makes a popping sound everytime i turn. so i need to get that fixed really soon because i've been driving on this for about 2 months not knowing what the sound was. i'm just hoping they won't fully break because then i would be screwed.

Comment

dont forget the inner tie-rod ball joint
                          fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

Originally posted by Gen4Acclude
                            dont forget the inner tie-rod ball joint
                            +1

If you're going to replace all of 'em, you might as well replace all of 'em.
                            Michael

Comment

Hey man u can get all the ball joints on ebay for cheap i got all mine on there for like 120 for all of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X