Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best way to repair quarter panels?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to repair quarter panels?!?!

What is the best way to repair quarter panels(rust of course, live in Pittsburgh, Pa)? I want them to last long. I dont wanna go back every year and redo them over and over? I wouldnt think body putty. I was thinking replacing them with newer ones(cut\weld new ones in)? What would the prices be doing that(ballpark figure). Which methods have you guys used? Around how much was it? Thanks, The newbie

pictures of rust. wuts the inner pannel look like? is there rust there? but for sum one else to replace the quarter panel im gussein 1000 but i dont know wut ur rust looks like so could be more could be less but that is a ball park estimate. i personally am doin my own quarter panel but i have body damage no rust.
    cant wait till im all done

Comment

its nighttime out now so ill post some pics later on today, then you can gimme some options. Thanks!

Comment

best thing, get a cb7 from Arizona or something. The reason i say this is because to do the job right you will spend at least that much.

Comment

Yea I was thinking that. This car was given to me though. But that option is still goin through my head. Thanks

Comment

Check out this thread It should help you

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=50335

Comment

the price betwen fixing it and buying new ur better off buying neww u have better newer stuf that waht i am doin
              GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

for 2 new quarter panels and paint for it would be 2k or over for a decent/good job. I'd say it's worth it if the car has low miles and doesn't have any other serious problems. But if it has all kinds of problems then don't bother spending the money.

Comment

i did the repair and i dont regret it hand fulls of ppl have seen my rust job. and it looks like it will last a long ass time. DO IT!
                  <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

ii can get the quater panels for 70 bucks for one side so i am jus new might has well
                    GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

Thanks for that link! Also thanks for telling me what options youd take. Maybe Ill do the all go and no show. Who knows?!?!?! Will let you know!

Comment

Working...
                      X