Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

koni question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have KYB agx's on my DA paired with ground controls. It's alot better than the tokico blues, however they still can't tame the stiff GC springs.

Comment

I had Konis...I would go with Illuminas though, as you can rock sleeves on them. Illuminas + Omnisport sleeves FTW

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

thanks guys, that's helpful.....

I'm starting to think that h23 might be on the mark with the neuspeed cup kit.......this is a little but on the neuspeed site they have the cup kit for $599, and if you add up the separate components:

NEUSPEED/Koni Shock - SPORT Front PN :. 8041.1167SP3 $123
        NEUSPEED/Koni Shock - SPORT Rear PN :. 8041.1168SP3 $123
        NEUSPEED Race Springs - 2.2F / 2.0R PN :. 55.20.34 $199

total: about $450

what's up with that? The kit doesn't throw in a camber kit or anything, the only wording I notice in the kit is : "In addition, this kit includes a complete set of NEUSPEED/Koni Sport dampers. They feature 5 ride height adjustment grooves (allows ±14mm of height adjustment), external rebound damping adjustment, and Koni's limited lifetime warranty."

the shocks on their own all included: "adjustable spring perch to level the car (5 machined grooves on the shock body for 5 positions of adjustment) - the most desirable handling position, as well as, a 20mm shorter droop length for use with lowering springs."

I admit there is a lot I don't know about suspension, so if you need to flame me for being a noob, I will take it with a smile just please explain to me the difference after you've finished the flaming.

Also, does anyone recommend the Ingall's Camber correction kits with poly urethane bushings that are sold on Neuspeed's site? Thanks a lot!
        1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

the cup kit shocks have more ride height adjustability than the normal koni yellows.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
            the cup kit shocks have more ride height adjustability than the normal koni yellows.
            yeah, that's true of normal yellows, but these are IDENTICAL Neuspeed custom Yellows like in the kit. ITs on the same page of the Neuspeed site:

http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_list.asp?ltype=ns_import&app=49|AC&type=2

the codes are the same, I'm almost certain the shocks in the kit are identical to the shocks offered alone on the Neuspeed site.

Comment

The price on the shocks is for each corner, so for the shocks it's about $500.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by qbodsyt
                thanks guys, that's helpful.....

I'm starting to think that h23 might be on the mark with the neuspeed cup kit.......this is a little but on the neuspeed site they have the cup kit for $599, and if you add up the separate components:

NEUSPEED/Koni Shock - SPORT Front PN :. 8041.1167SP3 $123
                NEUSPEED/Koni Shock - SPORT Rear PN :. 8041.1168SP3 $123
                NEUSPEED Race Springs - 2.2F / 2.0R PN :. 55.20.34 $199

total: about $450

what's up with that? The kit doesn't throw in a camber kit or anything, the only wording I notice in the kit is : "In addition, this kit includes a complete set of NEUSPEED/Koni Sport dampers. They feature 5 ride height adjustment grooves (allows ±14mm of height adjustment), external rebound damping adjustment, and Koni's limited lifetime warranty."
                It's 123 per strut meaning it would come out to 692.79 shipped for everything vs. their 599.99 shipped price for the set.

If you want just the SP3 struts(5 perch koni) the best deal is from neuspeed directly since it is 492.80 shipped. I've seen normal konis with the 3 perch setup go for more then that, the best price that comes to mind is 508 shipped.

For the SP3 kit the best price I've seen is 560 shipped http://www.importhorizon.com/neuspeedkoni.html, but I've never bought from them before so I wouldn't know how good their service is.

Comment

thanks guys, I definitely deserved some flaming for that one
                  sorry about that. I might go with importhorizon, and if I do I'll let everyone know how they were. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Hi, everyone I'm in the same boat try decide on a good suspension kit for my 92 accord. I been reading everyone thread, that helps a lot, and the reviews are quite helpful as well. But I'm waiting on my H22a and was wonder will this have any effect on which suspension I pick..... from everyone review I'm looking at H&R, Koni and germany make one that start with a V because I forgot the name of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X