Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

koni question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

koni question

alright guys,

I can't decide between koni yellows and kyb agx's........seems the yellows are better, but the AGX's are cheaper......at least I think

I've been searching ebay just to get an idea about pricing....several hits for the kyb agxs for our cars, but only one hit for koni's and it doesnt say yellow. The link is here:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Koni-Sport-Shocks...QQcmdZViewItem

Are these yellows? The little picture has an image of the box faded and it looks yellow, but confirmation would be nice.

If they are yellows, then ouch! that makes them about 160% the cost of AGX's....

Anyhow, the point is, I wanna put maybe Tein H tech springs to drop it 1 - 1.5, but I want the same or better comfort compared to my stock suspension. So is there a difference between the kyb's and koni's for comfort? Better handling is a given compared to stock, so it is of secondary importance to comfort. With that objective in mind, your feedback is appreciated.
    1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

I can't really tell either, isn't their an option where you can ask the seller questions? I would try that before bidding.

Comment

well, since your only gonna be droppin it just over an inch all around, i would say to just buy the kyb agx's unless you plan on droppin it more in the future. these are both good shocks from what i've heard and the ride quality should be fairly good with the agx's and the tein's. and if u think about it, the money you save buying the agx's can go to other things for your car.
      Originally posted by deevergote.
      And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

thats definitely a logical suggestion......probably what I'll end up doing... but I'd like to hear some opinions from koni and/or kyb users cuz most of the search results pertain more to performance/handling increases whereas my primary concern is increased ride comfort. Thanks

Comment

I would vouch for the KYB's because you can adjust them: 4 levels in the front, and 8 in the back. I have a Ground Control?KYB set-up on my 93 ex coupe and it works flawlessly. I'm out in LA visiting a friend and they are handling the Cali highways pretty well at the softest setting. Had em' for over a year now and no problems at all.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
            I would vouch for the KYB's because you can adjust them: 4 levels in the front, and 8 in the back. I have a Ground Control?KYB set-up on my 93 ex coupe and it works flawlessly. I'm out in LA visiting a friend and they are handling the Cali highways pretty well at the softest setting. Had em' for over a year now and no problems at all.
            thanks man, that's really heplful. BTW that's a real sharp looking coupe you have, my first Accord was Seattle Silver, I really like that color when it's clean.

Comment

In the link you supplied it states right in it:

Motorsports Direct is a full line suspension warehouse. We are car enthusiasts just like you, who will be happy to assist you. If you have any questions at all please call us toll free during our business hours.

Email:wheels@motorsportsdirect.com

AIM: Motordirect702

Phone - 1-800-245-1001

Canada enthusiasts - 702-247-7311

Mon-Fri 10am-5pm Pacific Standard Time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item Description:

You are bidding on brand NEW

Koni Sport Shocks / Struts (Full Set Front and Rear/Set of Four) for the:

90-97 Honda Accord, All Models

Part numbers:

Front Shocks: 8041-1185L Sport

8041-1185R Sport

Rear Shocks: 8041-1168 SP3

Go to Koni's web site and look up the part #s. Doing this should help you find your answer to 1 of your questions.
              Your second question in reference to KYB vs Koni and 1 being better than the other...Koni yellows are better and yes they are more expensive. I haven't seen them cost that much though. Personally I would buy the cup kit from Neuspeed and forget about the teins. Ride quality has already been vouched for many times with that setup on this forum. I have also already written a review on that setup if you care to read it somewhere in the suspension section of the forum. If it does not perform well enough from a handling standpoint for you, add sway bars, strut bars, and a poly kit and see if that doesn't get your blood running.
              You also mentioned being at a certain height. With the Koni yellows you can adjust height up to a certain point (not the same amount as coilovers) but you can't do that with KYB AGX. You have even more height adjustment with the Neuspeed Koni yellows. So if you get kybs and aren't happy with the height then too bad. You should have spent the extra $$ and gotten the Konis.
              "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

to be honest, I just searched and couldn't find your review......I've read your other reviews of springs and such, and I may have read your cup review too, but forgot where to find it. (I have started dividing my favourites folder into car sections to save links on this site to good reviews etc.)

My biggest problem with the suspension area is most guys are either looking for mad performance, or just slamming. I don't really dig on slamming that much as I need to take my car places that aren't friendly to 1" clearances... and performance is secondary to comfort to me....I figure the performance will almost invariably be better than stock, (unless I buy real crap) but what I really want is improved comfort over the stock.

I spent probably an hour or more reading people's posts in the suspension thread about setups, and while informative, it rarely discusses the comfort in any detail, especially when compared to the stock setup. So forgive me, I know this is annoying, but I'm just looking for input from people who had the same priorities as me when configuring their suspension. If you think the neuspeed cup kit is comfortable, then I appreciate your input.

Comment

nuespeed kit is very good. I plan on going with that eventually. I rode in h23accord's car back when it had the kit, handled very nice and the height is adjustable and plausible for daily driving even in atlanta.

I believe his review was deleted back when they switched the forums format.
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=33203

look for all the threads he made, he has several suspension reviews
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

i have tein s tech and agx. the combo gets about a 7/10 from me.

its a little bit too high for my tastes, but rides pretty nice.
                      the reason its not higher is because the agx's will kill your drop on the front. it will look great in the rear(imo) but the front will sit higher.

on the springs, they are way to bouncy and also not stiff enough for what I want(i want stiff ass springs for track usage)

also, the only place i'd buy koni products from are from their website.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i have nuespeed super cup kit.(race and yellows)
                        they are fine with me good looks and performance.. no one talks about how my car is bad.
                        so i guess it's fine
                        it's 600$ for the nuespeed race and yellows which to me was a good deal for top of the line parts..

Last edited by sirs1ayer; 01-04-2007, 06:16 PM.
                        uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

92ex - thanks man, that helps a lot, and the reviews are quite helpful as well

d122crzy - thanks for the review and the advice on purchasing

sirs1ayer - thanks man, that helps a lot too

Comment

Originally posted by qbodsyt
                            92ex - thanks man, that helps a lot, and the reviews are quite helpful as well

d122crzy - thanks for the review and the advice on purchasing

sirs1ayer - thanks man, that helps a lot too
                            Looks like 92ex found the review. I don't have one for Teins paired with Konis but if you send me some I will be more than happy to write a review on them and send them back to you.
                            "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Originally posted by H23Accord
                              ....but if you send me some I will be more than happy to write a review on them and send them back to you.
                              lol, thanks for the offer

Comment

Working...
                              X