Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

steering knuckle removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steering knuckle removal

i just got my cb off a friend cheap cuz he was showing off and hit a curb at 45. it bent the lower control arm the steering knuckle and the sway bar. it also broke the front comression rod thing. i replaced the control arm and have been trying to get the knuckle off. the main problen is the axle nut. i cant get it loose and ive tried everything my mechanic said to do. if i woulda known it was gonna b such a pain i wouldnt have gotten the car but i need it for work. im open to suggestions.

specs: 17" rims and stock everthing else

did you unstake the axle nut? A strong impact gun can take it off, or a giant breaker bar with a pipe extension.

Comment

yea man look for a little "dent" on the nut that prevents it from turning. remove that.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
      does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

i did that. i broke the breaker bar trying. i did unstake it too. it will not come off. the only way i can try an impact gun is to sumhow get it to the shop. that is almost impossible cuz the comression rod is broken.

Comment

i got my mechanic to make a house call on his way home. we tried his impact gun and it wouldnt budge. this isnt good. i need to get that nut loose so i can fix my car. plaese help.

Comment

to get the axle nut off, i kno the nut rotates with the axle i kno its kinda a long shot, but ive seen it done before, but its kind of a long shot, it was on a totally different car. put the wrench with the pipe extension on, jack the car high enuff 2 hold but low enough so the pipe reaches the ground and i beleve u put the car in reverse, slowly shutter it off, not too fast tho because if it doesnt come off, your car is gonna fly off the jack. break the nut rite off with the axle.
            1990 Accord EX Sold
            1995 Accord LX V6 Stored
            1999 Accord LX Daily Driver

Comment

ive got pb blaster. i use it for for everything. im working on 3 different vehicles that range from 16 to 40 years old. ill have my dad pick up a new breaker bar and i hopeit works.

Comment

well i kno my method was a long shot and havent ever done it my self but thats if all methods fail and you have no other option
                1990 Accord EX Sold
                1995 Accord LX V6 Stored
                1999 Accord LX Daily Driver

Comment

and id say dont do it. im gettin all new tools tomorrow so im gonna try again

Comment

i got my tools and ive tried for the last 4 days and it aint coming loose. this is really starting to bother me. is there sumthing im doing wrong

Comment

try a lonnnnnnnng ass pipe maybe?

Comment

Chances are you're not doing anything wrong but that its really just stuck. It's probably been there for a long time. I had the same problem and I broke my breaker bar in the process too. Spray pb all over inside the nut. Let is soak for a good one. Use the stock rims as you can have the wheel on the ground when you try to loosen it. Use a good breaker bar and maybe even an extension pipe. If all else fails, you'll have to use an impact gun with enough psi behind it to bust that shit off.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Find somebody with a 1" impact wrench...the kind they use for 18-wheelers. I promise something will come loose if you have enough psi and air flow behind it.
                          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

i got it apart now. it took a 3/4 inch breaker bar and bout an 8 foot pipe. i had to have my brother on the end of the pipe cuz im too light. i got the nut off and everything is apart. soon enought ill b able to drive it. its not gonna b put to work anymore cuz i bought a lil truck off a friend for $500.

Comment

i put everything back together with a new knuckle and it is didnt change. its is still sitting cambered out

Comment

Working...
                              X