Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Considering OilPan Gasket Change...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering OilPan Gasket Change...

So I've got a slowwwwww leak in my oil pan and am 99% sure an oil pan gasket change will fix it.

However, there are some reasons that are stopping me from changing it...

- will take a long time to do it myself and I don't really feel like f-ing w/ the 16yr/old down pipe bolts
    - quoted $180 at local honda/acura shop (said they'd throw in a free oil change )
    - the leak is so slow I rarely notice a change in level for oil change to oil change.

question - what's the worst case scenario if I don't fix this? (it gets worse and then I have to fix it?)
    91 EX F22A4 - Stock w/ 220k mi
    My Ride - 12/06

You wont have to take down the downpipe. Just loosen the 2 bolts that connect the downpipe to the engine block to give the downpie a little slack to move, that way it wont be all up under the oilpan so much. if you cant seem to get a 10 socket up under the downpipe section, the just disconnect the downpipe from the exhaust manifold, soak that shit in WD40 tho. Make sure you have a scraper just intake your old gasket is actually honda bond and not a rubber gasket. Also have acetone to clean out the oilpan and old gasket. Chill. I would say 1hour job the most
    FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
    Pm meX
    I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
    H22A Swap
    I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

the wrost case is your will slowley run out of oil. Its an easy job, that hardest part is once you get the pan off the block you have to clean the block good and get all the old gasket off. Maybe a 2 hour job if that. http://www.f22parts.com/item_OilPangasket.htm
      I think this would be a good place to get a gasket or get the stock honda one. anyways good luck.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

I fucked my motor by that.

goodluck

Comment

Did you first try torquing the oil pan bolts down before replacement?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I did this about a month ago, original gasket after 240k miles.......the gasket was completely disintegrated and glued to the oilpan....that was the nastiest part. If you disconnect the down pipe, it will drop a couple of inches allowing clearance for the lower part of the oilpan to slip past it. Then put in a new gasket and you're good to go......in terms of technical aptitude, you don't need to be that skilled to do it. But if you hate getting your hands dirty and lying under a car when you dont have a proper hoist, then it might be worth the $120.
            1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

Working...
            X