Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

broken ass car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broken ass car

so i bought my 92 f22a6 cb7, I had to replace the intake manifold gasket that goes from the manifold to the head, it was idling like nuts, anyway replaced it drove the car around for a few months and then all of a sudden BOOM blew it again on the little red ring it was dumpin rad fluid, so I replaced it AGAIN and oiled that little red ring on the gasket this time drove it around for about 3 weeks now until tonight, im on the freeway and all of a sudden my car just gets instant hot. pulled over towed it home and its again that fucking gasket what could be wrong? should I replace the bolts that go to the manifold to the head ? Somebody please lemme know thanks.
    Originally posted by jboyce
    i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

what brand of gasket are you using and you have to make sure the surface is perfect, or somthing will fuck up
    Last edited by Stealthman80; 01-19-2007, 11:23 AM.

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Yea sounds like something isnt being done right....

replace the bolts, get (GOOD QUALITY) gaskets and such and make sure you take your time!

Comment

more than likely you didnt clean the surface properly when you put on the new gasket. that part is where the coolant goes, its a little harder to clean than the rest of the gasket. And When I replaced mines I put some extra RTV silicone on that area and I never had a leakl.

Comment

ok so today im going to go out and buy new bolts/nuts for the mani to the head, im also buying another gasket, Is there any specific brands that are better than others, cause I went to schucks last time and got a gasket from em it was like 12$ all together, gotta pick up some more antifreeze today also, and an oil filter might as well change the damn oil while the mani is off makes it waaaay easier to get to the filter. what about torque settings on the bolts? is there a certain torque setting for the mani to head bolts? now this time should I RTV Silicone up the whole gasket or just the little red ring? ugh I hate taking this thing out (im gettin good at it hehe 3rd times a charm) anyway thanks for the help and wish me luck
          i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

id go with mr.gasket....they make a lot of good quality shit!!

Comment

maybe the surface of the IM is warped?
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

nah its not warped, the last 2 times I had to put it on I checked both the head and the mani with a strait edge like 5 times just to make sure so I wonder if I can get that mr.gasket from schucks? cause I really gotta get my ride fixed I have to go to a friends dads funeral tomorrow and its my bro birthday tomorrow!!! loong sad/happy day I guess hehe

Comment

Working...
                X